Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer

giorgoc

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer and I was very happy with it for 2 years now. However during the last days, for some reason the pointer freezes! If I unplug it and then plug it back again , it works for 3-4 mins and then freezes again. I have downloaded the updated drivers from microsoft and nothing.. still the same. I had even formatted my PC and reinstalled everything but again the problem is still there.

Has anyone else experianced this before? If yes , whats the solution to this problem?

many thanks

deee12

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
could be the cord is coming loose or...or is damaged in some way where is attaches to the mouse ...ive heard this complaint before...the new explorers aere great ...maybe time for a new one?

giorgoc

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
Yes... maybe its time for a new one! But I am thinking.... is it really worth it paying £40 for the MS mouse? Why not just paying £10 and getting a standard mouse and then change it again, in a year say ?

JasonR

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2002
I've got to agree the newer one's are a big improvement. I've had a Intellimouse Explorer 3 for about 18 months and love it. But while cruising my local PC stores in search of a cheap mouse for my kids PC, I had a chance to check out the newer Explorers. I can't really put my finger on what it was exactly, but it instantly felt much better and seemed to be more accurate and responsive (and I didn't think that was possible :) Prior to buying my Intellimouse, I had the same reservations about the price but I ended up getting a good deal on eBay. You might want to give that a try.

Cheers,
JasonR

*** Whoa...I just figured out how to make my text <font color=blue> Red </font color=blue>, <font color=white> White </font color=white> and <font color=red> Blue </font color=red>...Cool !!! ***

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It worth the money if you use you computer a lot. Microsoft just introduced some new mouse and keyboard this month. It is good time to getting a new mouse.