Microsoft Introduces Phone Companion App For Windows 10, Confirms Cortana Coming To Android, iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless adding the Cortana app allows better integration between MS apps on iOS. If Cortana allows voice commands on iPhone across the MS Band, or adds better support with the iOS Office apps, this is a very smart move.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Microsoft's business strategy of independent products is a good one. It makes them very flexible. If one product fails, it does not impact the other products. For instance Office for Phone would make the Windows Phone more appealing. However, they still offer it on other devices so they get that revenue stream incase the Windows Phone does not work well.
When I said use Continuum to pretty much simulate my PC, I meant that in an entirely different way. I can have a mouse, keyboard, and TV connects to my phone. As long as my phone works in a certain way, it will allow me to use the full extent of my PC anywhere with a good internet connection. For instance if the phone just sends the input commands to my PC. My PC renders a video stream and sends the stream to my phone that displays it through the TV. That would be magical and would not be as taxing on the system compared to remoting in. However, it would be significantly more bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.