Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Remains to be seen

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think MS needs to get rid of Ballmer. MS used to be a lot more innovative than they now seem. Inexcusable that they let Windows Mobile almost die out and now have to play catch-up with Phone 7. Ditto for not having a lightweight OS for netbooks & tablets. And as for their entertainment division, XBox is doing very well as are a lot of the games they release, but they should have put the Zune far ahead of the iPod feature-wise and let Apple play catch-up instead. Ballmer and his cohorts seem too risk-adverse for my liking, preferring to let others lead while they follow along a day late..

Maybe they should spin off some of their divisions into independent companies..

I agree, especially about Balmer. No doubt he is "business savvy," but for today's tech world, MS needs a visionary leader of sorts, perhaps even someone much "younger" than Balmer or Gates.

+1 faze. Well said. The only things that's probably keeping MSFT alive is Xbox and Office and probably Win 7. I think for the last 2 quarters it's been Xbox and Win 7 keeping MSFT profits/revenue,etc

As for Win Mo 7, I haven't tried programming for it yet, but imo, if the API is easier than the Android API there is a good chance Win Mo 7 could compete with Apple/Android assuming Microsoft does it right. Right now, the biggest gripe I have with Android is it's use of non-standard Java ME/SE. I know why they did it, but still.

The Kin was a complete and utter failure, more so than Vista. Imo, Vista wasn't really Microsoft's fault, the problem was HP, Canon,et al didn't provide good drivers until months after release. Not to mention that many people (and businesses) were trying to run Vista on cr@ppy hardware.

I don't think Microsoft's brand will go away any time soon. Look at IBM. They are not really relevant in the consumer market any more but businesses dig IBM. Microsoft could always be a game company like Nintendo if it comes to worse.

In conclusion, Microsoft is doing quite a few things write and a lot more things wrong. They need to take some new risks and test new waters.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Until PCs no longer NEED Windows, Microsoft will always be around. Simple as.

They could theoretically fold every single other venture in the face of intelligent consumerism and successfully-applied competition, but Windows will always be there.

If you want to kill Microsoft, get Linux 100% workable, supported and mainstream.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007

Oh I quite agree, if it ever happens at all (I think they'd need to have 3 Vistas in a row to properly put people off before any migration could begin). Twas a conversational point, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.