Microsoft is Bringing the Windows Store to 500 Best Buys

Status
Not open for further replies.

branflan

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Staffed by hovering morons trying to look like Apple Store employees if they are anything like the Microsoft store

Azriel4444

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Unfortunately it will probably be staffed with only best buy employees or best buy quality employees. Plus its another place to pimp their 'Signature' computers. I wonder if Geek Squad will get to do 'Signature Upgrades' also?

Azriel4444

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Unfortunately it will probably be staffed with only best buy employees or best buy quality employees. Plus its another place to pimp their 'Signature' computers. I wonder if Geek Squad will get to do 'Signature Upgrades' also?

slomo4sho

Distinguished

Are you insinuating that the Apple Idiots are actually competent?

branflan

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010

Not at all, yet MS thinks highly enough of them to essentially copy their entire look right down to the badge/lanyard they wear.

slomo4sho

Distinguished

Apparel and aesthetics aside, one would need to deliberately work towards reaching the incompetence levels of Apple Idiots.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I went into best buy looking for RAM and a PSU for my shiny new mobo that I got for dirt cheap on ebay....
I just shook my head... I then went on over to newegg and used their "will call" to pick up my parts fast...
I don't know what I was thinking!
I was impatient... thats what it was lol...

ananke

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
BB is trying to work on 30% profit margin. I guess, at one point they will end up only selling iAccessories and other high margin plastic crap, since apparently this is their retail strategy.
As for MS...it does work their software, albeit the restrictions and limitations they are trying to incorporate. I am on the edge to move to OSX completely, since the price of entry is almost the same nowadays, but Apple staff at least works straight and it has great development support. Or I may just go Linux and be done with all of MS s**t....A simple Win 8 update manages to mess up all my AV equipment connected through HDMI, every single update...

audiophillia

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I say good for them. It will hopefully allow people to get hands on with windows 8 and its device before making their own decision. It seems all to often people hate on windows 8 without giving it a fair shot. I was pleasantly surprised by my new computer with Win8. after setting it to boot to desktop and add a start menu. it behaves like windows 7 but with the improve performance, security and I can her to boot in 5 seconds easy.

jigawatt

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
This is rather disappointing. Look at how much retail space is lost due to this. Best Buy was already scarce with product of interest, but this appears to be consuming even more space with far less product being showcased(see first photo).

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
I remeber how awesome best buy was when they first started. How times have changed.

There are seriously more idiots working there than there are customers. Now they are going to throw 10 more employees in for these MS stores. Walking through BB packed full of comistioned employees is going to be worse than walking through a Mexican flee market.

We are talking about a place that still sells CDs. Even little old gradmothers download their music.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Funny how Microsoft puts features that I totally dislike in Windows 8 (metro), the new Xbox (no sharing) and their tablets (16:9 screens).. It's like MS intentionally want me not to buy its products..

slomo4sho

Distinguished

The last time I stepped into an Apple store was about five or six years ago. I would be happy to hear your insight into how the "Geniuses" are now actually capable of troubleshooting a problem instead of just providing a replacement or sending off the product for "repairs" for the most simplistic of issues.

Now if I just hit a cord and your comment was just a rant because you are a fanboy then I actually find greater irony in your post :)

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I'll have everyone know one of those "Apple Morons" that worked at Best Buy was extremely friendly and helped me pick out a Windows 8 laptop that fit my price range and needs, steered me away from anything Apple (boy his bosses must have p#ssed him off), told me about Ubuntu (REALLY P#SSED him off), and Classic Shell.
I knew about those already, just find it funny an "Apple Genius" couldn't stand the products he was supposed to be selling and was more knowledgeable about the competition.
I enjoy the improved speed and reduced boot time, but the Stock OS interface is just unusable trash. "Not too bad" happens after you add back the start button and menu then disable the charms bar. Those are NOT trademarks of a good OS.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Isn't every electronics store a MS / Windows store? Except Apple stores. BB doesn't carry parts for the stuff they sell. Smartphone cases and accessories are for iPhone and one or two newest other brands. A lot of items they have online are not in the stores and can not be picked up at the store, I live a block away so that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.