Step 2) Develop zero games that utilize the device
Step 3) Act confused as to why no one buys the device
Step 4) Discontinue device

A+++ 10/10 great job thumbs up

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

This is not MS problem. Software houses are the one to be blamed not to release games that uses the Kinect. and the main reason was the weak GPU in the old xbox.

I am really surprised that they discontinued it now with the very fast Xbox Scorpio coming in few days...

ver very Angry at MS . the Xbox Scorpio is FAST enough to make Kinect games smooth :(

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

so it isn't a MS problem because Software houses should of released games for the Kinnect. But they didn't because the GPU was too weak, which Microsoft is responsible for? Microsoft is responsable to making the technology appealing, look at Nintendo and the Wii. Nintendo didn't wait for 3rd parties to show how compelling the Wii controller was. They did it themselves and Microsoft should of done the same.

Also, the old xbox should be more than capable of running Kinect games smooth, they would just have to use a lower graphical fidelity. Just like the old PS4 can run VR games smoothely, just requires lower graphics.

I'm also highly skeptical of the Kinnect technology in gaming, because i think that if it was indeed promising, either the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive would of used a similar technology in their VR sets.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Yeah, not only did MS not develop any Kinect games in-house, but they also made no effort to put any Kinects in the hands of any developers for third-party support. They did this to themselves.

ET3D

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012

As someone who used the Kinect quite a bit on the 360, IMO the main problem with it wasn't the lack of games, but the fact that Microsoft insisted that it be used for UI (within the games). It's a terrible UI interaction device. There are quite a few Kinect games which are fun but the interaction in menus or just walking around is so frustrating that it ruins the entire game. The games that work well are those which allow using a controller for UI navigation, such as KinectParty (Double Fine Action Theater) and Marvel Avengers Battle for Earth.

The basic Kinect UI built into the Xbox was also terrible. Microsoft really should have given this a lot of attention, but apparently nobody there ever used the device, certainly not at home.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I'm a little confused. If there's no Kinect and I'm not using a headset why is Cortana being pushed in my face... she won't even be able to hear me. I use my kinect for auto-sign in and to give commands to my console... I'm not a multi-player person so I'm never wearing a headset. Why not replace it with a simple mic...

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

VR is not coming. had it been coming they would have said it , it is a huge selling point and cant be ignored. plus , it needs alot of research and testing and there is no developer VR given to software houses at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS