Microsoft Job Posting Hints at New Xbox Within 18 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
We'll see. I'm all for speculation and this gets my engine going a bit. The dust my console currently collects hints toward a need for upgrade!

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Anyone else really hesitant to buy one due to all the hardware failure related to bad solder jobs and high gpu heat on the first few gens of Xbox 360s?

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]tobalaz[/nom]Anyone else really hesitant to buy one due to all the hardware failure related to bad solder jobs and high gpu heat on the first few gens of Xbox 360s?[/citation]

Not in the slightest. Nearly every new product has issues. Difference with PCs is that is happens part by parts. One times it the new GPU with driver issues, next it's the NEW CPU with heating issues, next it's the new SSD with firmware issues. It doesn't matter what you purchase, you're almost always going to have issues with new products right out the door. Mind you I said ALMOST always.

But I can deal with the issues. Take it in strides.

Start the hype now. Hopefully there will be a reason to buy the next gen consoles?? I wonder if they are going to have a HD DVD drive or not on the next version, if they have one at all.

Taznar

Honorable
May 5, 2012
God, I'm so not ready to spend money. I know we need new consoles but this is annoying. My guess is that it will be 350 dollars for a console with a 50GB drive. Good news about it is that the games will be a little bit better since they don't have to worry about the consoles being awful. The only reason I will even consider buying this is for Call of Duty and talking to my non PC friends. Even my friends say it will suck because it will be expensive and they will have to share a console with their siblings. Next the PS3 will make a new console too, although the PS3 is already fairly new.

Taznar

Honorable
May 5, 2012
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]PS3 isnt new btw, its just a year newer than the crapbox which is 2006 tech. Really wore out their welcome years ago. The new consoles are already outdated in my eyes when compared to my uber PC packing a 4.8ghz i7 ivy, 16gb ram, 2 x gtx 680s 2 x 256 SSD drives and a 2560 x 1600 ips display. So meh to new consoles. I'm good here thanks.[/citation]
That's what I'm saying. It isn't really worth the money despite what people think. Just don't feel like spending extra money on something that isn't worth it. Console fanboys are gonna flip when they see it ridiculously over priced. I wonder what the PS3 will do if they don't get a new console soon though? I mean, if this is true, the PS3 will be a generation behind and will have difficulty playing newer games. Maybe they will be released around the same time?

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
[citation][nom]Taznar[/nom]That's what I'm saying. It isn't really worth the money despite what people think. Just don't feel like spending extra money on something that isn't worth it. Console fanboys are gonna flip when they see it ridiculously over priced. I wonder what the PS3 will do if they don't get a new console soon though? I mean, if this is true, the PS3 will be a generation behind and will have difficulty playing newer games. Maybe they will be released around the same time?[/citation]

Why not 5ghz on an i7 ivy?

timw03878

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
"experience with designing low quality hardware that stupid people will buy preferred"

"compensation = depends on how many consoles brick"

G

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]The new consoles are already outdated in my eyes when compared to my uber PC packing a 4.8ghz i7 ivy, 16gb ram, 2 x gtx 680s 2 x 256 SSD drives and a 2560 x 1600 ips display. So meh to new consoles. I'm good here thanks.[/citation]

No one cares about your PC specs, despite you posting them in every thread you get a chance to. But hey, grats on spending a stupid amount of money to play console ports on LOL!

G

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]PS3 isnt new btw, its just a year newer than the crapbox which is 2006 tech. Really wore out their welcome years ago. The new consoles are already outdated in my eyes when compared to my uber PC packing a 4.8ghz i7 ivy, 16gb ram, 2 x gtx 680s 2 x 256 SSD drives and a 2560 x 1600 ips display. So meh to new consoles. I'm good here thanks.[/citation]

I am in no means a console fanboy, but Christ its extremely unfair to compare a cheap 250$ 2006 console to a PC monster that most likely costed you $2500.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
Soldier37... my xbox cost 1/10 of what you spent and plays Halo 4... does your PC?
and guess what i can pack it up and take to my friends house and play... let me know how your PC
manages that..

Status
Not open for further replies.