News Microsoft KB5043145 update wreaks havoc on Windows 11 with multiple reboots and BSODs — company rolls back optional update

Colif

Win 11 Master
Then no one would update and complain when their PC hit by something that an update fixed. I am not defending it but that is part of reasoning. Also for most part means most users are on at least the latest version of 11. No stragglers... or not many.

So many different machines out there with so many different combos, pretty much every patch hurts someone.

I have this update, my pc must have the right combo not to have problems. That always seems to be case.

Jul 12, 2024
Then no one would update and complain when their PC hit by something that an update fixed. I am not defending it but that is part of reasoning. Also for most part means most users are on at least the latest version of 11. No stragglers... or not many.

So many different machines out there with so many different combos, pretty much every patch hurts someone.

I have this update, my pc must have the right combo not to have problems. That always seems to be case.
This reasoning is old and silly. Microsoft is well capable of releasing stable updates. It did so in the past with Win10, as I never had any issues. It's only been the recent year or so when it got bad. I switched to Mint completely, even for gaming (through Proton Steam), particularly due to bad updates. A fresh Win10 install, not even a month old was getting wdm blue screen errors for no apparent reasons after updates. It made the system unable to boot. Removing updates helped, until another one installed in a week.
I use Mint for everything and couldn't be happier. Everything works and updates don't break the system.

Gururu

Upstanding
Jan 4, 2024
I updated my ASRock BIOS with the new Intel code the same day I got this update. On the BIOS reboot the system wouldn't start and I started hard booting several times. I left to get a screwdriver to reset the BIOS and when I returned it was in Windows. I restarted and it took a while also but I waited and it finally got to Windows. Afterwards, it was fine and now boots nicely. I was blaming the BIOS but maybe it was Windows.