Microsoft Keynote: Kinect, WP7, Windows on SoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
... And a drugged woman on stage. Saw the keynote completely. Liz needs to cut the caffeine or whatever she's having...

styrkes

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
If they're going to support system-on-chip, then does that mean they will phase out wp7 in the future and replace it with win8?

mauller07

Splendid
[citation][nom]styrkes[/nom]If they're going to support system-on-chip, then does that mean they will phase out wp7 in the future and replace it with win8?[/citation]

No windows 8 on SoC is for higher powered/performance Arm chips for use in situations such as tablets/netbooks/PoS/ATM's etc

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
the surface 2.0 demo is incredible !!!! I don't know how they do this (scaning a paper on a screen), but its really great.

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I just hope that AMD will work together with ARM on some machines.
Their neo systems are far from energy efficient,
A windows running on an ARM system could benefit greatly from the low power, high performance integrated graphics cards from AMD!

Better than Nvidias cards.

I find what intel is in the processor market (highest power, lowest power consumption) AMD is in the graphics market.
We know NVidia will be working together with ARM, but I believe pretty soon the x86 processor architecture will be the past.
I'm glad I read up on this review, and extend me purchasing a pc for perhaps next year, ARM powered instead.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Wait..... WP7 didn't have copy and paste on release? iOS (or however that is capitalized) didn't for a long time and it was a rampant plague of complaints. I almost considered buying a WP now I am going to keep my Android.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]Wait..... WP7 didn't have copy and paste on release? iOS (or however that is capitalized) didn't for a long time and it was a rampant plague of complaints. I almost considered buying a WP now I am going to keep my Android.[/citation]They're adding copy and paste shortly, but my money says you were never going to change from your Android device to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS