Microsoft Launches Major Minecraft Update For Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
mortsmi7's point is that this Minecraft update was not pushed to Windows users because it was pushed to them over a year ago. It's called the 1.8 release of Minecraft. Instead, we are waiting for the 1.9 release.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I just don't know why its taking so long to bring all the different version to the same level, for a game like this console, mobile and PC should match, there is really no reason why they don't include all of the same assets/features.

I just don't know why its taking so long to bring all the different version to the same level, for a game like this console, mobile and PC should match, there is really no reason why they don't include all of the same assets/features.
mortsmi7's point is that this Minecraft update was not pushed to Windows users because it was pushed to them over a year ago. It's called the 1.8 release of Minecraft. Instead, we are waiting for the 1.9 release.
i think fatalshot808's point was, the article isn't about the PC version....so it was a pointless comment.... If you read an article "toyota has new CVT transmission" and someone replies with "Nissan has had it for years". Yes true, but pointless comment, just fanboy flaming.
I have both versions and play both of them from time to time. I also have a Nissan and a Toyota :)

alextheblue

Distinguished
i think fatalshot808's point was, the article isn't about the PC version....so it was a pointless comment.... If you read an article "toyota has new CVT transmission" and someone replies with "Nissan has had it for years". Yes true, but pointless comment, just fanboy flaming.
I have both versions and play both of them from time to time. I also have a Nissan and a Toyota :)

Except that the article specifically calls out the PC version and says "The PC version is the only platform that will not receive this new content update."

And meanwhile the PC version has had all of these things and then some for ages. That's why it didn't see an update.

UNLESS MJAS is referring strictly to the Windows 10 Edition Beta (I have no idea where they are with that version), in which case it could be clarified.

I didn't really read into it that way, but since i play both the console and PC versions, i know what each has/doesn't have. Fair enough point i guess, reading the article again, if you were a console only minecraft player, it does come across as if the PC version is missing the updates. Then again i don't think many console only gamers come here to read articles so maybe the writer thought it was assumed knowledge.

The console version does has one feature that i would like to have added to PC version though - when you hold the trigger button down to place blocks and move in a direction, the blocks are continuously placed and track to that row of blocks only. It makes for faster building in creative. I assume they did this for consoles lack of a mouse, but it would be beneficial even with a mouse.

alextheblue

Distinguished

I didn't really read into it that way, but since i play both the console and PC versions, i know what each has/doesn't have. Fair enough point i guess, reading the article again, if you were a console only minecraft player, it does come across as if the PC version is missing the updates. Then again i don't think many console only gamers come here to read articles so maybe the writer thought it was assumed knowledge.

The console version does has one feature that i would like to have added to PC version though - when you hold the trigger button down to place blocks and move in a direction, the blocks are continuously placed and track to that row of blocks only. It makes for faster building in creative. I assume they did this for consoles lack of a mouse, but it would be beneficial even with a mouse.

I can not read that any other way. It says that the PC version will not receive this new content update. The only way you'd know any better is if you stayed somewhat in the loop with the regular PC version of Minecraft. Otherwise you might think that Microsoft's purchase of Mojang has caused the traditional release to languish, which thankfully is not true.

If anything Notch had grown bored with it and was swimming in his pool of money whilst scrapping his next big project (0x10c) AFTER hyping it up. Did I mention he cried and whined a lot? Woe is me I'm a millionare boo hoo. I think he should share a bunch of that cash with the Infiniminer guys.

I do agree that there are some features in the console versions that would be nice in the PC version. But I doubt it will happen, seems like a "Safety Rail" feature because the console controls are less precise than KB + mouse. I've played splitscreen with my niece. It's hard to get used to. It is however a lot more kid-friendly, and in particular playing online with others is a lot simpler.

Dlepi

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

The only thing I can think of is it's two different companies that make the console and PC version if I remember correctly. Mojang makes the PC version and then 4j studios builds it into the console version. I could be wrong though, honestly.

f688xt6

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I feel like the only appropriate comment that would add to this superior intellectual exchange here is... your mother.

alextheblue

Distinguished

The only thing I can think of is it's two different companies that make the console and PC version if I remember correctly. Mojang makes the PC version and then 4j studios builds it into the console version. I could be wrong though, honestly.
That's a big part of it (different people handling various ports), but the other part is that various ports are written in different languages. Heck the regular PC edition is likely still using some or all Java code, though a version with a prepackaged VM/JIT is available now. I haven't kept up with it beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.