Microsoft Launches Office for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
About bloody time... Of course, I'm not holding by breath for even half way decent integration with Skydrive and whatnot. Can't get any of that stuff to work together half decently on Android (and yes, I know Android doesn't have proper office, but I still can't get many programs to work together half decently with Skydrive) and I doubt I'll find better here.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

My phone is a Lumia 900 for precisely that reason. That being said, I can understand someone wanting an Android or iPhone ahead of a Windows phone in almost every other area. Kind of lacking on the apps/features front and doesn't allow access to the file system like Android devices.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
No one gets the scam here. Microsoft wants you to pay a monthly subscription for this. Office 365 is just like Adobe is doing with Photoshop. You rent the software each month. Microsoft is not "charging you" for the use of the mobile version office directly, you are paying for it through your Office 365 subscription anyay.

I will pass.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
I read a review on other site. It surely won't put out of business other mobile office suits.

Not only requiring an office 365 subscription, but also the feature set is pretty limited. It is better than Google Drive, but just barely.

MS really needs to put their money where their mouths are. My old Windows 7 phone with MS Office couldn't even display word documents properly. Maybe they put more effort into the iPhone edition since more people are using iPhones?

Victor Martinez

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Or you can use android or IOS and the office suite that google provide with drive, for the best part of time you not need advanced features. And its free and work in whatever desktop you have. IOS + Office (you pay double) Windows + Office (better option) Android + Drive (free option) you choose...

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Too bad its missing the most used piece of Microsoft office, and the one piece that no phone other than Windows has gotten right.

Corporate Email sucks on iphone and android. Give me Outlook, not outlook.com.....

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
My biggest disappointment with Windows phones is that you can't attach anything other than a photo to a freaking email. Which kind of makes the whole office thing useless, except if you just want to upload the changes to sky drive. I was an early adopter and last time I went to the Windows Store to check out the Windows Phone 8 devices they still were lacking this feature and a lot other features requested by the community since Windows phone 7 came out.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Sure it has the same name, but is it the same thing? I have seen the MS web apps (for Office) cannot even display document properly on Android tablet, while the web apps running on x86 desktop does show the right format. I remember how Word Perfect lost to Microsoft back in the 90s when they could not bring out a stable version of Windows version. Nowadays it seems MS itself is walking down the same road.

Status
Not open for further replies.