Microsoft Makes a... Notebook Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
i wonder when they will start making monitors, printers, ect...
what about desktops, laptops, netbooks, ect...

basically they dont have to do much, they could just rebrand the stuff that if already out there or they could pay for some asian company to create the stuff for them and they slap their label... isn't that what so many others are already doing, why leave money on the table, microsot could eat their lunches and improve their stock price while at it. what out dell, hp, canon, ect...

what about microsoft camera, god with the cash microsot has they could make it all. how evil!

Ho0d1um

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
[citation][nom]jsloan[/nom]oh forgot microsoft toilet paper and tampons. what about microsot caskets... ouch ;-)[/citation]

Microsoft already makes caskets. Perfect size for an Xbox.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Now keep in mind, the Microsoft Notebook Cooler will come in 18 versions. The 3 main versions will be Home Cooler Basic, Home Cooler Premium, and Ultimate Edition Cooler. Basic only cools the notebook up to 3 degrees, premium will cool it a little better, and ultimate will keep it borderline frozen but will cost about $400.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]Now keep in mind, the Microsoft Notebook Cooler will come in 18 versions. ... and ultimate will keep it borderline frozen but will cost about $400.[/citation]

The prices are high because with each Microsoft Notebook Cooler you purchase you get a copy of Windows Vista which you can upgrade to Windows 7 when it becomes available for an additional $50-$200 depending on the version of the cooler you purcahse today. :->

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
oh did i forget to mention, microsoft will be shortly offering microsoft water and microsoft air. yes that is right. microsoft water will come in 18 different flavors. all are triple carbon filtered from the original nyc source.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]Now keep in mind, the Microsoft Notebook Cooler will come in 18 versions. The 3 main versions will be Home Cooler Basic, Home Cooler Premium, and Ultimate Edition Cooler. Basic only cools the notebook up to 3 degrees, premium will cool it a little better, and ultimate will keep it borderline frozen but will cost about $400.[/citation]

OMG LMAO!!!!

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
When I saw the title I was thinking 20 different versions of the same beer cooler. Only this cooler will bare the M$ logo and play movies while your on vacation in the empty cubical nobody knows about.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
EULA: This Cooling Product is licensed to you by micro$oft for usage with one approved Cooled Component. Usage of the Cooling Product with non approved Components voids any and all warranties, damages resulting are the sole responsibility of the endluser. This license is nontransferable.

If the applicable Cooling Product was licensed to you by micro$oft or any of its wholly owned subsidiaries, the limited warranty (if any) included in the applicable Cooling Product EULA applies to the Cooled Components provided the Cooled Components have been licensed by you within the term of the limited warranty in the applicable cooling product EULA. however, this supplemental EULA does not extend the time period for which the limited warranty is provided.

If the applicable Cooling Product was licensed to you by an entity other than micro$oft or any of its wholly owned subsidiaries, micro$oft disclaims all warranties with respect to the Cooled Component as follows:

Disclaimer of warranties. to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, micro$oft and its suppliers provide to you the Cooled Components, and any (if any) support services related to the Cooled Components ("support services") as is and with all faults; and micro$oft and its suppliers hereby disclaim with respect to the Cooled Components and support services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties or conditions of or related to: title, non-infringement, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of dust, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, lack of negligence or lack of workmanlike effort, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, and correspondence to description. the entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Coling System and any support services remains with you.

Exclusion of incidental, consequential, and certain other damages. to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall micro$oft or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Cooled Components or the support services, or the provision of or failure to provide support services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this supplemental EULA, even if micro$oft or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages.

Limitation of liability and remedies. not withstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of micro$oft and any of its suppliers under any provision of this supplemental EULA and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the greater of the amount actually paid by you for the Cooling System or u.s. $15.00. the foregoing limitations, exclusions, and disclaimers shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Wouldn't that first sentence be better if it read, "Often Microsoft’s best known for its software, but often times its hardware products are just as often found as part of users’ systems, often enough."

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Wouldn't that first sentence be better if it read, "Often Microsoft’s best known for its software, but often times its hardware products are just as often found as part of users’ systems, often enough."[/citation]

It's oftenularly, get it right, haha.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]E7130[/nom]What brand of computers does Microsoft use in their offices? Are they in house built? or Dells, HP, Toshiba?[/citation]
When I was there in 2004, they used HPs. Doesn't mean they still are, seems that companies like to switch it up.

That said, they need portable notebook coolers (USB-powered fan is a start). When my notebook is stationary on a desk, I just angle a small desk-fan at it, keep the air underneath circulating, saved me $15. The folding mice are cool, my fiance stuck with Logitech when she needed a blue mouse to match her Acer Aspire, but Logitech always feels heavy to me.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Well, on very hot laptops, the cooler is a plus. I don't need it on my TX2500Z, because I have the tilted 8 cell battery. However, you can't use it on your lap that way, so a proper cooler protects your lap and makes it cooler and more comforatable.

Jalida

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
On my HP laptop that already has 2 cooling fans on the bottom of it, this device managed to cool an extra 1°c on the CPU, did nothing to help with the ACPI or the Hdd. If you have a laptop that has no cooling fans on it, then this may be okay if you want something to put between your lap and the laptop to just keep your lap a bit cooler, however for home use, it's a $19.99 (at the local Target store) laptop stand and little else.

Status
Not open for further replies.