Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
i think the imac app store came from ubuntu

:(

i doubt that ubuntu receives the credit though... no jobs will say

"the mac app store, we knew we needed this from day one. the mac app store is a revolutionary new way of distributing software. look at us and our false originality."

and the iphone app store didn't come from apple, it came from jailbreak devs.

andrewpmathias

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I wondered if MS Office was going to come to Anroid or IOS - Microsoft makes so much money off of Office, plus it is everywhere in the enterprise - of course people would like to open those files on their non-Microsoft phones.

Seems like an obvious money maker (though a hit to their Win7 phone line, I guess).

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]andrewpmathias[/nom]Don't know if this link will work below but it is a link to where microsoft offers FREE word, exel, and powerpoint 2010 online. you just use your windows live id and its all cloud based, stores on their servers.It is also an app in the chrome web store. I use it on my Cr-48 chrome notebook.https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa [...] &cbcxt=doc[/citation]
I know the service, but because it's free I think you can count on limits on how much you can store (though their SkyDrive offers 25GBs for free) and there would be less functionality (though all I need in Word is spell check and columns) while also needing an always-on internet connection to save.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
With OpenOffice gaining so much more attention, Microsoft probably needs to do everything they can to head it off. I've been seeing a steady move to it, although very slowly. I'd be curious what the market share numbers are, but they seem to be moving towards that, again, very slowly. The more aggressive Microsoft gets, the better for them; if OpenOffice hits critical mass, it will be too late to stop it, and it will spread much faster.

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
open office should try to sneak its way into the education system.
offer a free product to all the schools and in return u get a future generation familiar with the product.

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I currently use open office (stopped using microsoft office when I Stopped illegally using programs) - but I think this is a step in the right direction. I can't argue that many things that mircrosoft does bugs me, but I think that this is a step in the right direction.

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
this kind of diverted from the original point; i am sorry i contributed to the thread hijack lol. lets get back to the topic of MS office being in mac app sotre

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS