Microsoft May Move Major Windows Updates to Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
"Because it's easier to create a smaller operating system and add features to it rather than the reverse, Windows Phone is believed to be the dominant OS in the merger."

I wonder how that will work out. There is the possibility of that leaving the current Windows RT powered devices even more in a no man's land.

I can see this actually working well on PCs and Microsoft tablets. Mainly because Microsoft controls the updates and there is not as much fragmentation like Android has.

If they work a way to do it with phones then it would be a good competitor to Android as the major downside to Android is fragmentation.

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
"I wonder how that will work out. There is the possibility of that leaving the current Windows RT powered devices even more in a no man's land. "

Expensive paper weight.

I am pretty sure MS announced they wont be doing a SP2 for 7 as it doesn't need it. XP needed SP2 and 3 and Vista needed at least SP1. All of them enhanced their OSes in good ways. 7 truly did not need SP1 and while a few of the updates were nice, 7 was already a very good OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.