Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro Gone Bad.

I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. I was cleaning it and when I was
done. The N/Lock, C/Lock, S/Lock are blinking and the keys will not work. I
must have activated something. When I restarted the computer it said
something about sticky keys or something like that had been activated. How
can I reset it back to the way it was? I have also downloaded the newest
software for the keyboard. Thank you in advance. I am using window 2000.

In Control Panel, Accessibility Options.

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro wrote:

> I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. I was cleaning it and when I was
> done. The N/Lock, C/Lock, S/Lock are blinking and the keys will not work. I
> must have activated something. When I restarted the computer it said
> something about sticky keys or something like that had been activated. How
> can I reset it back to the way it was? I have also downloaded the newest
> software for the keyboard. Thank you in advance. I am using window 2000.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:D38D6FE5-1E78-4113-B0F5-0D87F180D806@microsoft.com,
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
<MicrosoftNaturalKeyboardPro@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. I was cleaning it and when I
> was done. The N/Lock, C/Lock, S/Lock are blinking and the keys will
> not work. I must have activated something. When I restarted the
> computer it said something about sticky keys or something like that
> had been activated. How can I reset it back to the way it was? I have
> also downloaded the newest software for the keyboard. Thank you in
> advance. I am using window 2000.

Did you press the shift key 5 times rapidly? Check your accessability
options in the control panel to disable that. You might have turned
something on in there. Next time clean your keyboard with the power off ;)

Galen

Bob I fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> In Control Panel, Accessibility Options.
>
> Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro wrote:
>
>> I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. I was cleaning it and when
>> I was done. The N/Lock, C/Lock, S/Lock are blinking and the keys
>> will not work. I must have activated something. When I restarted the
>> computer it said something about sticky keys or something like that
>> had been activated. How can I reset it back to the way it was? I
>> have also downloaded the newest software for the keyboard. Thank you
>> in advance. I am using window 2000.

If you press the shift key 5 times I think that toggles the
accessibility sticky keys on or off

as in Table A.2

http://tinyurl.com/6j8rv

just over a 1/3rd of the way down

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Maybe, just maybe something got fried during cleaning. Can you borrow
another keyboard to see if that helps.

This will at least help seperate a hardware problem from a software
problem.

The sticky keys could merely be a symptom of a hardware malfunction.