Question Microsoft New "Files" Application Scrolling Issues

Mar 2, 2023
I have been using the new Microsoft "Files" Application, which is pretty cool so far. The issues is, I cannot scroll down through a list of files or folders without expanding that tiny scroll bar on the right. I just want to be able to scroll up and down through the folders and files, then click the one I want. Easy, right?! Speaking of which, it doesn't work in regular windows explorer either. I've tried changing things so that one-click should work, then double-click should work, but I still can't scroll through files and folders! I feel like I am missing something really simple - could someone please enlighten me? Thank you!!

Here's what the new Microsoft Files looks like:

New Microsoft File Explorer

Mar 2, 2023
Yeah - I've got a great mouse - Logitech 720 Triathlon Multi-Device Mouse. Maybe I screwed it up or something because I can no longer scroll through lists. If I set it to single-click, I can never scroll the list because it simply enters the folder where I place the cursor. I dunno - maybe I'll try to reset my mouse somehow...

Mar 2, 2023
This is what I'm saying! It does not scroll, even if you just hover. Whether it's the triangle pointer for double-click or the hand for single-click, I simply cannot scroll!!!

USAFRet

Titan
I have been using the new Microsoft "Files" Application, which is pretty cool so far. The issues is, I cannot scroll down through a list of files or folders without expanding that tiny scroll bar on the right. I just want to be able to scroll up and down through the folders and files, then click the one I want. Easy, right?! Speaking of which, it doesn't work in regular windows explorer either. I've tried changing things so that one-click should work, then double-click should work, but I still can't scroll through files and folders! I feel like I am missing something really simple - could someone please enlighten me? Thank you!!

Here's what the new Microsoft Files looks like:

New Microsoft File Explorer
What specific version of Windows?
Is this an Insider Preview tool?