Microsoft Nukes Rumors of Windows 8.1 Update 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ickibar1234

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
"Included in the update this month will be three new end-user settings for the touchpad: leaving it on when the user connects a mouse, allowing right-clicks, and double-tap and drag. "
For the touchpad? You mean like a touchpad? On my laptop?
No I guess you are talking about a tablet
Double tap and drag, wow, finally you can do that?

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Leave it to MS to take a crap on their customers chests and then try to convince the customter they are looking out for them and doing them a favor

iogbrideau

Reputable
May 28, 2014
"Included in the update this month will be three new end-user settings for the touchpad: leaving it on when the user connects a mouse, allowing right-clicks, and double-tap and drag. "

Really? This would be new on Windows? And I thought I already did that with my laptop and with previous versions of Windows as well. Why would they spend money on touchpad functions when they are already available with the touchpad's manufacturer's settings?

MrElectrifyer

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014

Really? This would be new on Windows? And I thought I already did that with my laptop and with previous versions of Windows as well. Why would they spend money on touchpad functions when they are already available with the touchpad's manufacturer's settings?

To centralize the basic PC functions, and possibly enable the user to sync such functions amongst all their PCs (if they actually use multiple PCs, I know I don't :p).

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Where is the start menu that Microsoft promised for windows 8?
My guess if you want a start menu you will have to buy Windows 9.
Really?
Still moaning about the Start Menu?
Have you ever heard of doing something for yourself like installing ClassicShell instead of banging on about how horrible MS is for not doing it for you?

jardows

Distinguished
May 14, 2003

I don't want a start menu, especially if it is anything like the mess of the Windows 7 start menu.

txgs

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
Leave it to MS to take a crap on their customers chests and then try to convince the customter they are looking out for them and doing them a favor
They will release updates, it just wont be a bundle and wont call them update 2. There may not be difference in content with what was already planned. It's as if instead of one big Update 1, Microsoft had given you 5 different updates.

They haven't said anything yet, if it comes, it wont show up as "start menu update" or "update 2". Changing the update naming and delivery method shouldn't affect what was already planned for release. If it doesn't come, then it means it was never meant to regardless of it being named update 2 or "update for windows".

Status
Not open for further replies.