Microsoft office 2007 for windows 7

vonny232002

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I had a emachines laptop for christmas with windows 7. When this was bought we were under the impression that it came with Microsoft office. When i tried to activate Microsoft office and entered the product key(on the microsoft certificate sticker on the back) it keeps saying its invalid. Can anyone tell me if this is this product key for windows (that was pre-installed) and not MS Office? Also if this is the case where is the best and cheapest place to purchase office? Thanks YP

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

The certificate sticker on the back of your laptop is the Windows key, not the office key. I think that if your laptop comes with office from the manufacturer, this office comes activated from the begining.

vonny232002

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Hi Both
Thanks for advice. I was chatting to a friend of mine who has got Windows 7 and has just bought the MO package. Hes offered to give me a disc with the key so I could download the software on to my laptop. Would this work do you think?
Cheers
Yvonne

daship

Distinguished
You wont be able to use your friends key for activation, and if it did work it would most likely deactivate his.

Like another poster said when office is on a new PC it is a 60 day trial that requires you to purchase it after a trial. I have a spare key laying around Id be willing to sell for a small fee.