Question Microsoft Office is creating a slow motion effect when dragging above the top navigation bar

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
As the title mention, whether it is Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, my Microsoft Office applications is creating this "slow motion" effect when you drag the app across the screen. But when I'm dragging other applications, everything else is smooth and perfectly aligned with the click of the mouse when dragging.

Is there a fix to this issue?

Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Can you be a bit more descriptive?

Desktop, tiles....?

I have not been able to duplicate the behavior you are describing.

Are you dragging the app (Word, Excel, etc.) icons themselves or documents / document icons?

I am using Office 365 so that is at least one difference I think.

Are you able to post an image or two?

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Can you be a bit more descriptive?

Desktop, tiles....?

I have not been able to duplicate the behavior you are describing.

Are you dragging the app (Word, Excel, etc.) icons themselves or documents / document icons?

I am using Office 365 so that is at least one difference I think.

Are you able to post an image or two?
Forgive me for my late reply. Been busy in the last couple of day.

I recorded this from my phone and than converted it to mp4 from mov file and shrunk the file size in order to easily upload it online. View: https://imgur.com/2Ush5ow
And forgive me for this lame watermark on it as it goes away in a bit. It was a conversion program I downloaded for this purpose.

My apologies if it's hard to tell on camera, before I open up a blank or existing document, I noticed no "drag" effect, but then when the document is open, it then creates this "drag" effect which annoys me. This happened before but somehow was resolved I can't remember.

How do I fix this annoying "drag" effect?

Ralston18

Titan
My first thought is that there may be some bottleneck: CPU, GPU, RAM....

Try using Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance as you repeat the above.

Leave the monitoring window open but slide to one side. And do not be surprised if the "drag effect" becomes even more apparent.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

TRENDING THREADS