Microsoft Office Picture Manager - filled up my hard drive

Apr 13, 2017
Windows 7.
Using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to batch edit the size of photos.
Usually works fine, except this time I was re-sizing approximately 7,400 photos at once. (images from a time-lapse photography experiment).

Those 7,400 photos are on my D: drive partition. I have 66GB free space on that D: drive

But now Microsoft Office Picture Manager has stopped and my computer says my C: drive is full.
Indeed it is.

It must be becuase MOPM has stored many (temporary?) images somewhere on my C: drive.
Would anybody know where that is, so I can just delete them all? And at least get my C: drive space back.

Many thanks

Solution
Also, delete files within “C:\Windows\Temp” manually in addition to the profile temp directory too. You can get to that by typing %temp% in the file explorer. Hold down Shift then press the delete key to bypass the files from going into the recycle bin.

stdragon

Admirable
Also, delete files within “C:\Windows\Temp” manually in addition to the profile temp directory too. You can get to that by typing %temp% in the file explorer. Hold down Shift then press the delete key to bypass the files from going into the recycle bin.

Solution
First off did you close that program?
I thought the temporary files were deleted then or at least after a Windows restart.

I prefer the free version of THIS program: http://www.mindgems.com/products/Folder-Size/Folder-Size.html

(have exe set to run as admin)

You can then have it scan C-drive then click to order folders by size from most to least, then navigate those folders...

As for the TEMP folder you can also just right-click C-drive, properties.. and do a Disc Cleanup-> Cleanup System Files. (may be other things besides temp files).

Other:
FASTSTONE works really well for batch edit (small learning curve):
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Apr 13, 2017

Thanks! Deleted 5GB from that Temp directory :)

Apr 13, 2017

Thanks! Just did the disk cleanup now :)

I eventually got the Microsoft program to save the edits to all 7400 files. As it saved each one (on the D: drive) the space consumed on the C: drive kept going down. Very strange, but problem solved more or less.

Will gladly look at the other solutions mentioned :)

stdragon

Admirable
CCleaner (free edition) is my favorite go-to for identifying and purging all sorts of temp files and the browser cache if I’m not doing this manually myself. Just don’t leave it installed and running as a process. I prefer to install CCleaner, use it, then uninstall it.

Just be careful of registry cleaners and don't change anything unless you fully understand what it will do.