Microsoft Office Startup

I've licked CoolWebSearch, About Blank, and a number of the tougher ones,
but Microsoft Office Startup is the mother of all mothers! It just keeps
coming back... every time! It's back before I reboot even. I've been to
all the "Run" keys in the registry and don't see hide nor hair of it. But
in msconfig it just keeps regenerating. And I don't run any office
applications while I'm trying to get rid of it.
It always gets in there when you install an office product, but a one time
unticking usually takes care of it. Not this time though.
Any ideas how to get rid of it?

--
--- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

HAGGIS

"Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
> I've licked CoolWebSearch, About Blank, and a number of the tougher ones,
> but Microsoft Office Startup is the mother of all mothers! It just keeps
> coming back... every time! It's back before I reboot even. I've been to
> all the "Run" keys in the registry and don't see hide nor hair of it. But
> in msconfig it just keeps regenerating. And I don't run any office
> applications while I'm trying to get rid of it.
> It always gets in there when you install an office product, but a one time
> unticking usually takes care of it. Not this time though.
> Any ideas how to get rid of it?
>
> --
> --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

mine starts from osa9.exe ...there is a link in the reg for it

What version of Office?

Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe) in the Windows
Startup menu:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875

OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290144

OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does It Do?:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
> I've licked CoolWebSearch, About Blank, and a number of the tougher ones,
> but Microsoft Office Startup is the mother of all mothers! It just keeps
> coming back... every time! It's back before I reboot even. I've been to
> all the "Run" keys in the registry and don't see hide nor hair of it. But
> in msconfig it just keeps regenerating. And I don't run any office
> applications while I'm trying to get rid of it.
> It always gets in there when you install an office product, but a one time
> unticking usually takes care of it. Not this time though.
> Any ideas how to get rid of it?
>
> --
> --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

It's Office 2002 SP3
The file it's starting is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
The only references to it in the registry are in places like installers.
This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get rid of
it.

"glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in

> What version of Office?
>
> Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe)
> in the Windows Startup menu:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875
>
> OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290144
>
> OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does
> It Do?: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071

--
--- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

This is crazy but I used the Maintenance Wizard.
It was listed there.
--
mae

| It's Office 2002 SP3
| The file it's starting is:
| C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
| The only references to it in the registry are in places like installers.
| This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
| It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get rid of
| it.
|
| "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in
|
| > What version of Office?
| >
| > Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe)
| > in the Windows Startup menu:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210875
| >
| > OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290144
| >
| > OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does
| > It Do?: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071
|

| --
| --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

Cool... "what" maintenance wizard? :)

--
--- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

You don't find a shortcut to OSA in the Start Menu> Programs> StartUp folder?

Here are the locations Windows 98 uses to load startup apps:

-the load= and run= lines of the WIN.INI
-the [386Enh] section of the SYSTEM.INI
-C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
-C:\Windows\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

-the following Registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
> It's Office 2002 SP3
> The file it's starting is:
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
> The only references to it in the registry are in places like installers.
> This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
> It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get rid of
> it.
>
> "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in
>
> > What version of Office?
> >
> > Frequently asked questions about the Office 2000 shortcut (OSA9.exe)
> > in the Windows Startup menu:
> >
> > OFFICE XP: What Is the Osa.exe File and What Does It Do?:
> >
> > OFFICE 97: What Is the Office Startup Application (OSA) and What Does
> > It Do?: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=165071
>

> --
> --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

The one under System tools.
This was several years ago and different version but maybe it is listed
there.
--
mae

| Cool... "what" maintenance wizard? :)
|
| "mae" <agrannie@notemail.msn.com> wrote in
|
| > This is crazy but I used the Maintenance Wizard.
| > It was listed there.
| > --
| > mae
| >
| > "Menno Hershberger" <mhersh22@nosuchplace.net> wrote in message
| >| It's Office 2002 SP3
| >| The file it's starting is:
| >| C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
| >| The only references to it in the registry are in places like
| >| installers. This is in Windows 98 SE, by the way.
| >| It's nothing I can't live with, it just annoys me that I can't get
| >| rid of it.
| >|