News Microsoft on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: 'We Built it From the Ground Up'

Jun 12, 2019
I registered just so I could post on this topic and potentially save someone a lot of money.

To anyone seriously considering purchasing one of these new "built from the ground up" controllers, do yourself a favor and google the first one. This marketing BS sounds just like the first one and boy did it have issues. In fact, it had so many issues, I can scarcely believe that there wasn't a class action lawsuit. Furthermore, a skimpy warranty made sure MS kept your hard earned money leaving you with nothing more than an expensive paperweight n your hand.

You've been warned.

danap611

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
I registered just so I could post on this topic and potentially save someone a lot of money.

To anyone seriously considering purchasing one of these new "built from the ground up" controllers, do yourself a favor and google the first one. This marketing BS sounds just like the first one and boy did it have issues. In fact, it had so many issues, I can scarcely believe that there wasn't a class action lawsuit. Furthermore, a skimpy warranty made sure MS kept your hard earned money leaving you with nothing more than an expensive paperweight n your hand.

You've been warned.

Could not agree more, on any of this. I got my first Elite controller with the Elite console back in 2016, and I used the 3rd-party console warranty I'd purchased to cover TWO replacements of the controller on account of stick drift (that's 3 controllers in all) - and now the third is showing stick drift AND one of the grips is coming unglued!

Meanwhile, Nintendo is getting sued over something very similar (Joy Con drift). You've indeed been warned, I'm personally staying the %#@! away from their new controller.