Microsoft Outlook 2010 Won't Open/Emails Are Gone .pst file?

Webslinger64

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013
Hello,
I spent several hours today combing through multiple computer backups that had collected on my desktop PC; three of them actually. Was trying to clean things up and get rid of all the duplicate stuff.
Anyway, after doing so, I tried to open my Outlook 2010 client and it would not open. A message popped up that gave a path via C: drive to a .pst that had apparently disappeared. I believe I must have deleted that .pst somehow.
When I clicked the OK button on the message, it brought up another window that asked me to make a new password, which I did, thinking it would open Outlook and everything would be fine.
Made the new password and Outlook opened up, but all my e-mails (all of them) are gone.
I am frantic as most all of my e-mails are work related. I am at a loss as to what to do to fix this, and hopefully it can be fixed and recovered.
Please help!
Thank you!

Webslinger64

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013
Believe I solved it. Located Outlook Files folder in My Documents, right clicked for Properties, selected Previous Versions tab and selected an Outlook File that was dated/time stamped previous to my blunder.
All is well :)