Microsoft Outs Its Thinnest Keyboard And Mouse Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I personally will not use a mouse unless it has at least 5 buttons. Once you use a 5 button mouse there is no going back.

Those extra 2 buttons help with browsing soooo much, and even remapping them in different apps.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Thin keyboard i get. Its not my thing, but at least i get it. Some will like crowded and thin, some wont.

Thin mouse is utter stupidity. It wont fit your hand properly. Maybe a small childs hand or something...

A_J_S_B

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
The Mouse is not as thin as you might think and i love the BT combo.
I'm saying this no matter overall i dislike Micro$oft but this seems a very nice combo.

I already find $100 for a keyboard too much to swallow, maybe each to their own but chicklet keys on a $100 keyboard? I can sort of understand it for mechanicals, there's more hardware involved. Sounds like an overpriced laptop keyboard :(

If only ms and apple would branch out and make other things 'lighter and thinner' lmao.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Is thinness really a metric that is on the forefront of people's wants for input devices? This seems more like a design exercise than a well thought out consumer product.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Yeah, they'd refer to Cook as a genius and an innovator if they did this thing.

"Who cares if it works well or not, at least it looks nice"; the exact thought of my wife's all-in-one Macintosh sitting on our dresser that hasn't been turned on for the last 3 months. Apple people can be just weird when it comes to tech....

genz

Distinguished

That's because Apple people don't actually like tech. It's pretty, and it's users mostly don't appreciate the rest of the things that go into making a good computer. Tech people find tech easy because they can spare the time or have the curiosity to learn the basic rules that basically power all modern technology. Then every new piece of tech that comes along is based on the same rules and that makes sense to them fairly quickly.

Everyone else likes Apple. E.G. It's one button approach made smartphones simple, but it's nauseatingly annoying for me to have to go into the settings app just to turn the grid on on my other half's iPhone 5s camera. Or any other task that's attached to the menu button on my Android phone and tablet. There is a hell of a lot of good software that has come out of the bitten Apple of temptation, but their hardware and IP decisions are hostile, anti-trusting and singularly aimed at making a large profit at the expense of the rest of the industry and world at large.

Blu3Fedora

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
Why can't you people ever just comment on a product for what it is without getting all butthurt about Apple? You're like a girl I know who can't have one conversation without bringing up her ex. GET OVER IT! Apple is successful. You may think their customers are idiots but you come across as bigger idiots for wasting so much time bitching about them.

genz

Distinguished

Funny how we're the immature ones, but you're the one that introduced himself into the discussion with ad hominems and swearing. Learn to tolerate other people's opinions. Lord only knows we already have to work hard to tolerate yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.