Microsoft Patents TV Video Conferences via a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I could swear that we have been doing this for years now.
M$ can't possibly be serious about this.

Unless they mean "conference" as on multiple people connecting at the same time, which could be very useful for big corporations but not nearly as much for home use.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]So basically they are trying to patent using Skype with a webcam while your computer is plugged into a TV?[/citation]
You do remember Microsoft bought Skype 2 years ago right?

wjw2000

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I sincerly hope that this is not because of any changes to patent law. If first to patent is real instead of patent based on original idea then we are in deap crap because patenting something this obvious that so many have done before is ridiculous!!

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
If you ever have the opportunity to work with the USPTO you will soon discover that they are dysfunctional. I did this back in 1996 with Cuseeme...

G

"the data between the TV and computer would be accelerated via a remote desktop protocol (RDP), while the incoming and outgoing data traffic is IP-based."
I think they're patent covers the above specifically. Not conferencing in general. Al though with the title of the article I can see how you might think so.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Hmmm I am going to have to say George Orwell came up with this about 60 years ago something quite similar. So I say there is a lot of prior art. WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Status
Not open for further replies.