Microsoft Pen and Touch

terascque

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Hey guys,

I am visiting a website today from home on my Alienware laptop that has touch screen functionality. This is a website that I use for work. I visit it everyday from the office on my PC that has no touch screen functionality. Every time I visit the page I get a warning message about a website trying to open microsoft pen and touch. There is a little box that says something like remember my answer and I click don't allow. I don't want to use the website from my touch screen.

Anyways I come back and I get asked again. My answer does not get remembered. I have gone into control panel and unchecked any and all options under pen and touch. I have also gone into windows features and unchecked pen and touch. Maybe these options don't prevent the dialog from happening but I thought if my PC no longer recognized an active touch screen I wouldn't get the dialog box.

Anyways my question how do I prevent this dialog from happening? I never want to enable pen and touch. Why do I keep getting asked about it? If I only had to visit the website once a day big deal right, but now that I need to visit is dozens of times a day since I work from home now, its really annoying.

Thanks,

terascque

terascque

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

Sorry for the delay in responding. My personal opinion is the company that supplies the program are a bunch of idiots but who knows maybe I'm the idiot. I called and asked them about it and they are saying their website does not push this request, that it is a IE security box coming up. I'm like really, I'm not stupid I know that, why is the box coming up? And they couldn't answer at all other then to say it had nothing to do with their program.

In my mind this is totally something to do with the browser based cloud software provider, if I said that correctly. I use a browser to access the software on the cloud. This dialog box only comes up when accessing the website no other URL generates this dialog box.

I am completely confused as to why their website would be asking me to enable touch screen functionality and them claiming it is not. I have gone into windows features and unchecked the tablet box, I have also gone into msconfig and disabled the tablet services and this dialog box is still being generated. Somehow my laptop and this website are communicating that I have a touch screen and I hoped by completely disabling the tablet that the website would not recognize the tablet functionality exists but somehow it still does.

I suppose its not the end of the world but having to click don't allow every time I navigate to a new area of the program, which could theoretically be a few times every minute, that's just incredibly annoying. I suppose I could also just click allow, but honestly I don't really feel like allowing it for some reason. Again maybe I'm just being an idiot but seriously there should be a work around.

TRENDING THREADS