Microsoft: Please Avoid Security Update KB2823324

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
The cynic in me says that there will be more and more stories like this that seem to be Windows 7 specific in a move to sway people to move on to Windows 8. For me though, this is just another reason to let updates rest for a month or so before downloading and installing them.

finder

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
why toms use same account system between .com and .co.uk sites but don't have single comment system for articles?

stormvice

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
This update messed 2 computers in my office and 6 from my friends.
All issues only happened on 32-bit OS with Win 7 brazilian portuguese language.
The computer shoppings in my city were flooded with costumers complaining...really messy stuff.
It´s rather easy to repair even without a restore point, but you need to know what to do.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
This just tells me Microsoft patch engineers didn't know about the kernel level spyware they put in Brazilian versions of the OS so they could help Uncle Sam monitor the drug cartels / cocaine trade.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Phew! When I read the title, I went to my update history and saw that I have that update for 3 of my computers so I read the article, but fortunately, they all run 64-bit.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
My wife's laptop has Vista 32 bit on it and she just mentioned that it is undergoing this same problem this evening. I was waiting til the weekend to fix it for her. I am guessing this is the same cause, as she said it went into this reboot loop after she did an update. Not Brazilian version either.

Status
Not open for further replies.