[SOLVED] Microsoft Precision mouse installation problem

Hans L

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I had mouse working in Win 10 1803. Cleanly updated to v 1909, and can't get mouse to work. MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed. In Bluetooth & other devices: Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center) and Microsoft Wireless Transceiver listed. Mouse charged and button at bottom clicked and white small light flickering.

Would anyone know what more this poor person has to do to get the mouse to actually work? (I have a nagging feeling I am overlooking something simple ... if I knew it.)

Thanks,

Hans L

Solution
Solved. I had to remove mouse from Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > Mouse, keyboard and pen, and then install it again, and while installing, do the pairing thing on the mouse. After that, it worked.

Hans L

Hans L

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
I just remembered that pairing was something I forgot last time I installed (remembered it after a while).
"All three pairing lights will blink once when the mouse goes into pairing mode" ... This does not happen when I press the pairing button. What happen is that the lit button blinks three times fast three different times when I press the pairing button. But no cigar. and my Bluetooth is on, as I now believe this is a BT-connected mouse.

Hans L

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Solved. I had to remove mouse from Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > Mouse, keyboard and pen, and then install it again, and while installing, do the pairing thing on the mouse. After that, it worked.

Hans L

Solution