News Microsoft Preps Cheap 500GB Expansion SSD for Xbox Series X|S

I agree. 500gb for 150 is highway robbery. At that, go spend a little more and buy a 2tb ssd, and then buy an external enclosure for it, attach it via usb, then use it to offload games to. I have a 1tb ssd drive attached to my Series S(via usb), and a 2tb hard drive. If I want to install older games to play I can put them on the external ssd. If I want to move games to cold storage I can put them on my 2tb hard drive.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree. 500gb for 150 is highway robbery. At that, go spend a little more and buy a 2tb ssd, and then buy an external enclosure for it, attach it via usb, then use it to offload games to. I have a 1tb ssd drive attached to my Series S(via usb), and a 2tb hard drive. If I want to install older games to play I can put them on the external ssd. If I want to move games to cold storage I can put them on my 2tb hard drive.
I did this with a 4TB SSD and am already aha I gave to shuffle stuff off the 1TB internal. With a few game installs over 100GB+ it’s hard to have multiple people using the console and not completely packing the 1TB.

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What someone at Microsoft heard: “People are complaining that the only official expansion is too expensive”
What they should have heard: “The only external expansion offering is a terrible price to storage ratio considering comparable non proprietary drives the direct competition allows”
What they did: “Look there is a cheaper option now, high fives”