Microsoft Ranking Mobile-Friendly Sites Higher In Bing, Following Google's Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I find this to be intrusive, and only reinforces my choice of using duckduckgo.com instead.

I mean, if I search on mobile, I can accept that google and bing automatically filter out non-mobile websites, or drop them down the list. It's only fair. But I don't feel that it's all right if I'm searching on my three-screen desktop PC.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Can they please rank WAY down sites with MASSIVE persistant top bars? Taking up a fifth or more of screen space for the sites name and a menu button is unacceptable on mobile.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
This is a stupid move from MS/Google, most of the important work is done on a PC and i`ll be fed mobile friendly sites first instead of relevance ... why are we pushing mobile so much ? usually mobile users are just facebook/instagram people that don`t do much work and sit on their devices all day.

And then you have a guy who`s working on a PC and like MOrbus said .. maybe on a 3 screen PC and he`ll be fed Mobile friendly sites in searches ... they should make a button for mobile search relevance ... not force it to everyone.

Browsing on a phone is stupid anyway .. i find it slow and tedious to do anything .. PC is still the king of working anything.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Browsing on mobile is stupid... until you have hours of unexpected down time with nothing for entertainment but what's in your pockets, or you're traveling public transport (same thing), or your friends computer burps up a derp and they only way to get functioning ethernet/wireless adapter drivers is downloading by mobile internet, or you're at the supermarket and want to know what X ingredient is, etc etc.

In the end isn't information being avalible, easily and readily, more important than platform bashing?

thrus

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
I may have misread but I thought Google's plan was to do the ranking thing when searching from a mobile. I assumed (dumb to do I know) that Bing would be the same process.

Well at least from the screen shot, It looks like the mobile version of Bing is doing it.

I did not see anything like that when I just checked and using an agent switcher for my browser I got the mobile site, but it is still not ranking this way yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.