Microsoft Ready to Show New Xbox
Next-generation gaming console will make its debut on MTV next month.

Joris Evers, IDG News Service
Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Anyone who wants to learn more about the next Xbox console should tune
in to MTV on May 12, Microsoft says.

The software maker and cable TV channel have struck a marketing deal
to provide an early look at the highly anticipated video game console
on MTV channels in the U.S., Asia Pacific, and Europe during a 24-hour
period, Microsoft says in a statement.

The new Xbox, which is widely expected to be in U.S. stores by the end
of this year, will be featured in a 30-minute show titled "MTV
Presents: The Next Generation Xbox Revealed." The show starts May 12
at 9.30 p.m. Eastern Time and will be hosted by actor Elijah Wood and
also star Las Vegas rock band The Killers, Microsoft says.

The broadcast will show gameplay of future Xbox games, news on the
future of the Xbox Live online gaming service, celebrity interviews,
and footage on the making of the next-generation console, Microsoft
says.

Official Unveiling

Microsoft has gradually been giving out more details of the console
technology and games for the device. The company is expected to
officially unveil the console at the Electronic Entertainment Expo
(E3), which starts May 17 in Los Angeles. Sony is expected to premiere
its new PlayStation console at the same event.

Microsoft introduced the current Xbox game console, the first model,
in late 2001. As of December 31, the company had sold 19.9 million
consoles worldwide, 13.2 million of which were in North America, 5
million in Europe, and 1.7 million in Japan and the Asia-Pacific
region.

Local times for the program, which will air on May 13 in other
regions, are: Japan/Asia, 11:30 a.m.; Australia, 7 p.m.; France and
Germany, 7 p.m.; Netherlands, 7:30 p.m.; Portugal, Romania, and U.K.,
8 p.m.; Poland, 9 p.m.; Spain 9:30 p.m.; Scandinavia, 10 p.m.; and
Italy, 11:30 p.m.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120398,tk,dn041205X,00.asp

===
"This became a credo of mine... attempt the impossible in order to improve your work."
-- Bette Davis

Boody Bandit wrote:
> Are you always the last one to the party?

I'm sure in a week or two he'll tell about about IGN's review of Jade
Empire.

In article <2sbp51h0qassoq3049uh23au5944b7ej80@4ax.com>,
HilaryDuffEverAfter@ablang-duff.com says...
> Microsoft Ready to Show New Xbox
> Next-generation gaming console will make its debut on MTV next month.
>
> Joris Evers, IDG News Service
> Tuesday, April 12, 2005
>
> Anyone who wants to learn more about the next Xbox console should tune
> in to MTV on May 12, Microsoft says.
>
> The software maker and cable TV channel have struck a marketing deal
> to provide an early look at the highly anticipated video game console
> on MTV channels in the U.S., Asia Pacific, and Europe during a 24-hour
> period, Microsoft says in a statement.
>
> The new Xbox, which is widely expected to be in U.S. stores by the end
> of this year, will be featured in a 30-minute show titled "MTV
> Presents: The Next Generation Xbox Revealed." The show starts May 12
> at 9.30 p.m. Eastern Time and will be hosted by actor Elijah Wood and
> also star Las Vegas rock band The Killers, Microsoft says.
>
> The broadcast will show gameplay of future Xbox games, news on the
> future of the Xbox Live online gaming service, celebrity interviews,
> and footage on the making of the next-generation console, Microsoft
> says.
>
> Official Unveiling
>
> Microsoft has gradually been giving out more details of the console
> technology and games for the device. The company is expected to
> officially unveil the console at the Electronic Entertainment Expo
> (E3), which starts May 17 in Los Angeles. Sony is expected to premiere
> its new PlayStation console at the same event.
>
> Microsoft introduced the current Xbox game console, the first model,
> in late 2001. As of December 31, the company had sold 19.9 million
> consoles worldwide, 13.2 million of which were in North America, 5
> million in Europe, and 1.7 million in Japan and the Asia-Pacific
> region.
>
> Local times for the program, which will air on May 13 in other
> regions, are: Japan/Asia, 11:30 a.m.; Australia, 7 p.m.; France and
> Germany, 7 p.m.; Netherlands, 7:30 p.m.; Portugal, Romania, and U.K.,
> 8 p.m.; Poland, 9 p.m.; Spain 9:30 p.m.; Scandinavia, 10 p.m.; and
> Italy, 11:30 p.m.
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120398,tk,dn041205X,00.asp
>

> ===
> "This became a credo of mine... attempt the impossible in order to improve your work."
> -- Bette Davis

Is there someone alive that doesn't know this yet?