News Microsoft recalls Recall: Controversial AI feature won't be in Copilot+ Windows build at launch

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Sounds like they wised up. It is a good thing they advertised this feature in advance rather than just dumping it on the people.
For me, it almost seems that for every major improvement in software, the developers claw back 2 or 3 of their old best features.

Jun 14, 2024
To late Microsoft! Installing Linux this weekend, been avoiding for to long. I know you will change your mind or introduce something worse and not tell us. It's been a good run since DOS but i just don't trust you anymore.

CmdrShepard

Prominent
BANNED
Dec 18, 2023
Ever since Windows 10 turned Windows into SaaS (software as a service) I don't trust them not to screw us over and I am half-expecting that som researchers soon discover some malevolent stuff they sneaked in while they were distracting us with those AI gimmicks.

t3t4

Prominent
Sep 5, 2023
What?
It only takes a little bit of noise to recall this?
What does it take then to get them to recall Win11? Everybody has been screaming about this nightmare since the day it was released!

kb7rky

Prominent
May 11, 2023
Remember when Micro$haft *used* to be good?

Things kinda went downhill after the Vista fiasco...and never fully recovered...

artag

Prominent
Dec 21, 2022
So what OS have you been using for the last 10 years?
It sounds like you expect him to admit to using Windows despite dissatisfaction. But perhaps he's like the very large number of us who abandoned it 20 or more years ago and have been saying 'I told you so' ever since.

Regarding the topic - Microsoft saying the recall feature won't be in the initial release - perhaps that means they'll quietly sneak it in later when the fuss has subsided. Wouldn't be unprecedented.

May 2, 2024
Everyone hated Metro as well- that didn't stop MS from pushing it out to everyone. I think that the challenge that was going to from from the EU put the brakes on it for now. Exactly who needs to what they clicked on 6 months ago? My poll shows no-one. This is clearly a data collection and re-sell mechanism that will be exploited by an updated "Terms of Service" suddenly allowing MS to collect this data and provide to its 3rd party partners... and of course you'd be ok with that right? [lol] SMH Microsoft... SMH.

Latest posts