Microsoft Recaps Current Office 2016 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I just don't see the point of upgrading. I mean if you shelled out 200 dollars or more on one ms office suite what constitutes upgrading again when ms office has pretty much reached its peak years ago. I mean i'm still using office 2007 and it still does everything I need it to do and then some. I can't see me shelling out 200 plus dollars again on an ms office suite for minor updates. it's kind of like ms is saying ok we pretty much ran out of innovative ideas with ms office years ago so lets just throw some extra things here and there, update the ui a little bit and charge people 200 plus dollars for it.

Umfriend

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
I am with dstarr3 on the UI. The ribbon is bad for quite a few reasons but what makes it especially annoying is that the old shortcut keys are still working. I do love that but now the shortcut keys for the Ribbon-structure are most not the first letter so it is really counterintuitive. I still really hope they will one day include a classic mode.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
I hope they have improved bibliography handling in word.

It'd be nice to be able to define sources per document for a cleaner look. It'd also be good to have the master source list synced to onedrive and sharable with others for those of us who use it on multiple devices and within teams.

Yes, I'm in school and the fact that Word has the best bibiliography system out there is a sad statement indeed.

hawkwindeb

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I am with dstarr3 on the UI. The ribbon is bad for quite a few reasons but what makes it especially annoying is that the old shortcut keys are still working. I do love that but now the shortcut keys for the Ribbon-structure are most not the first letter so it is really counterintuitive. I still really hope they will one day include a classic mode.

+1
Also need to take the Compare Documents and Track Changes features that have been in Word for what seems like forever and add these features to Excel and Powerpoint. I get edited versions of Excel and Powerpoint docs from many coworkers sometimes in a chain from one to another to another and then to me and its tedious at best if not almost impossible to see where all the changes occurred let alone who made these changes.

Umfriend

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
With Excel, to me, that seems like an almost unsurmountable task, even though 3rd party software is available that at least shows the changes. With powerpoint however, which I basically see as a kind of text-processort, yes. It should have been in there ages ago already.

Status
Not open for further replies.