Microsoft Reclusa Keyboard - PC won't boot

stg23

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
I recently purchased a Reclusa keyboard and installed the keyboard with the latest drivers from razersupport.com (v1.02). The keyboard works fine but as soon as I reboot the PC it won't go past the memtest, I am forced to plug in my old keyboard (PS/2) in and reboot. This then allows Vista to boot fine.

I've tried the following:

1. Uninstalling the Reclusa driver and software and reinstalling via the web (v1.02)

2. Uninstalling the Reclusa driver and software and reinstalling via the provided CD

3. Uninstalling the Reclusa driver and software and reinstalling via the CD and updating via the web (v1.02)

4. Disabling "Removable Device" as an option in Boot Priority (BIOS)

5. Disabling "USB Legacy Support" in BIOS

6. Allowing Microsoft to detect the driver needed after uninstalling and configure it itself

But nothing works, my PC won't boot with the Reclusa installed - it's a little frustrating having to boot with an old keyboard and then connecting the Reclusa and disconnecting the old one once i'm at the log-in page or in Vista.

If anyone could help i'd appreciate it.

gow87

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
Well if it's pausing on the memory check at POST it cannot be anything at all to do with the drivers/vista etc...

It is a hardware problem. check bios for "enable usb keyboard" and "enable usb mouse" thats a good start. if the keyboard is also a usb hub make sure you have nothing else plugged into it. If none of this works, just unplug they keyboard everytime you turn on then plug it in once in windows, because it's usb it will just carry on working.. yea i know not an ideal solution but atleast it will work!