Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 9 Preview 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Now if only Microsoft can be like its other browser competitors and release an updated browser on a somewhat more regular basis and not every 3 years when they release their Operating Systems.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
If they still haven't included the damn URL bar in it, I'm not going to bother.

When they put in something simlar to speed dial like opera, I'll start using IE exclusively again.

The only thing I open it up for now is to test css layout for browser compatability.

fwaits

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
Chakra is a real word long before naruto or any other anime. It's roots are from India I believe related to energy centers in the body. Look it up.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]Did they steal the codename Chakra from Naruto Shippuden or is it me?[/citation]

[citation][nom]fwaits[/nom]Chakra is a real word long before naruto or any other anime. It's roots are from India I believe related to energy centers in the body. Look it up.[/citation]

Yes there was a world before teenagers and their ilk existed.......

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Well... haven't used Internet Explorer for a LONG time, just because it has been inferior. But if they're going to make it better, well I might start using it a little again. Its gonna be hard to get me away from my omni bar though...

[citation][nom]ares1214[/nom]Nah, Opera FTW, massively customizable, fastest (debateable, but it pretty much is) best looking, imo, has a search bar, and has speed dial.[/citation]
Not to burst your bubble but:
>Massively customizable: Firefox, Chrome
>Fastest: Opera = second fastest http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-chrome-opera,2558-10.html
>Search Bar: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
>Speed Dial: Chrome, Safari

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Supports ICC profiles. If adblock+ would write an ie9 plugin I'd use IE for the first time in my life (other than to download firefox).

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
IE9 is going to attract hardcore IE users and those that aren't aware of other options. Chrome and Firefox users, like myself are probably going to be unlikely to switch back to IE.

It's great to see IE showing speed gains, but I'll stick with Chrome. Not because it's "faster than browser X", but out of principle and because I like the interface. Microsoft is scrambling to slow their share loss- finally.. but I think time will show that it's all too little too late. And besides, Google is actually dedicated to pushing their browser so you use it more and love the experience, not because they can see more server and development software like Microsoft.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I primarily use FireFox and Chrome. However, I can't wrap my head around chrome's bookmark manager. It's just not friendly at all to use like FireFox's.

With that being said, on an Asus 1201n Netbook, Chrome is considerably quicker with Java than FF.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Not to burst your bubble but:>Massively customizable: Firefox, Chrome>Fastest: Opera = second fastest http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] 58-10.html>Search Bar: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari>Speed Dial: Chrome, Safari[/citation]
Not to burst your bubble, but you just proved his point even further.
Only Opera fits in all of the lists you just mentioned, and milliseconds difference as far as speed goes is certainly still debatable.

jdragyn

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Wow, pricing aside, I'm gonna go buy a new Dodge Viper because it'll get up to 35 miles per hour faster than my Honda Civic when I'm going to the grocery store. It saves me a whole 4 seconds!

Oh, wait, except it breaks down every 15 miles, and people want to break in to steal my stereo (or the car itself)...

I'm sorry, we were talking about web browsers, weren't we? Yeah, IE9 saves me 4ms on all 30 webpages I load during the day? IE9 FTW!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I gave up on Internet Explorer the day my computer met Firefox. I gave up on Firefox the day I installed Windows 7. Now it's Chrome for me. I'm not going back. Google now has my soul. Eventually I'll just get Chrome OS. Buh-bye Microsoft!

llemm

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/06/24/4-way-html5-speed-test-firefox-3-7-faster-than-internet-explorer-opera-chrome/

Hahaha Opera is kicking Chrome's ass even unaccelerated.

Vega is still software accelerated

http://labs.opera.com/news/2009/12/22/

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Sorry MS but you can stick IE where the sun don't shine. Oh that's right you did by tying it directly to your OS kernel, maybe that is one of the reasons your OS's are so insecure.

ares1214

Splendid
Opera actually has just as much, maybe a little less customizability than firefox, its the 1st or 2nd fastest, has speed dial and a search bar, so coming in 1st in 2nd makes it not one of the better ones how?

Status
Not open for further replies.