Microsoft Releases List of 104 Xbox 360 Backwards-Compatible Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwohl

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
My 14 yr old gonna be pissed about Mass Effect - that's all he played on the PS3. He would gladly buy again for the One.....
(In his mind: Fallout 4 is released? Confirmed! Mass Effect 4.....LOL)

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
No Halo Wars, ODST, Reach, or even fable 3 or anniversary... why?? Those aren't on the XB1. Nor are some of my obscure titles like Bulletwitch.

You'd think all the big names at least would be there, esp microsoft studios titles.

FlyTexas

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2013
I have to say, this is a bit late... had this launched with XBox One when it first came out, it would have been a huge feature to offer over the PS4.

We ended up going with the PS4, but this might have made the difference. As it is, we're now on the PS4 track and that ship has sailed.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Its odd Fallout 3 is listed and Fallout New Vegas isnt. I was think about getting Fallout New Vegas as a Xmas gift but not sure now. Anyone got info if its coming later?

They're giving Fallout 3 as a free bonus with Fallout 4 on Xbox One. So if there is a sequel to Fallout 4 ala New Vegas, it might make sense that it is added to the BC list at that time to serve the free bonus role.

The real unknown is at what pace Microsoft intends to expand the list of supported titles. It would only take a few hundred titles out of the entire 360 library to satisfy the majority of those interested. The list of all time bestselling 360 games is fairly predictable and many of the entries are automatically disqualified because they already have enhanced remakes in release or planned. The Master Chief Collection, for example, makes it unlikely anyone really cares if they can use their old copy of Halo 3. Nor would it be surprising if there were remakes of previous GTA titles using the GTA V engine on current consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.