Microsoft Releases New Build Of Windows 10 Technical Preview For Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I just hope that Windows 10 finally sees Microsoft do something about their app store and gets developers to fully support WP. It is so annoying to constantly see interesting apps or games that are offered for iOS or Android but not for WP.
Having recently bought my first Smartphone (Lumia 735) I am very impressed with WP as an OS but if they don't solve the issues I have mentioned I can see myself going for Android instead in a year or so's time when I will look to upgrade.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Why are people at Microsoft so retarded? It appears their strategy for the Mobil market is to get large government and corporate contracts by focusing on security. Sound familiar? How'd that work for Blackberry? What they should do is provide a PC experience on a phone and attack Google and Apple for their data mining. Instead they provide a phone even more locked down than an iPhone. Until they change their approach, their market share will continue to be embarrassing.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006

Blackberry did pretty good before they decided to go off trying to grab share in the consumer market and tried to make devices (phone and tablet) to compete there against Apple and Google (Android). If you check Blackberry lately, they've gone back to their roots and are starting to produce business oriented phones again.

Besides, Microsoft is pulling in a fair amount of money through the licenses they own that Linux/Android is using. Microsoft also has been mainly a business oriented software company than consumer, so they know where their cash primarily comes from (other corporations, not John Q. Public).

Frangelina

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I installed 10 preview on a 928. It is mostly good. However, I do not have any backup of 8.1 anymore because Verizon backup doesn't work anymore with phone 10. Phone 10 backup only with Onedrive. I cant goback to anything but wp10 backup done in onedrive. I tried all Microsoft, nokia recovery software, hard reset etc. Believe me. Surprisingly, when my phone boot, a little red message appear on the lower left of my screen (not for resale). It looks like Microsoft took over my phone.....for free, for free research. They should send me another phone. However, I am sure they protected their butt with the long text nobody read.

Frangelina

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Now it is written at boot-up "not for resale". Microsoft took over my phone for free. I should have read the fine print nobody read. I am sure they can get away with it. I can't go back to 8.1. Verizon backup doesn't work with windows 10. Only Onedrive works. Believe me. I works with computers since 25 years. I did not think to do a backup on Onedrive before installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.