Microsoft Releases Windows RT Hardware Compatibility List

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I love how MS is the 1st to drop their own products. Happened with their joysticks back in the day. And their routers... And now their webcams...

[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]I love how MS is the 1st to drop their own products. Happened with their joysticks back in the day. And their routers... And now their webcams...[/citation]
...forgot the WP7 devices.

So what is this, a BYOD type of thing? That would be cool if it were so (kinda like how Windows works).

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]I love how MS is the 1st to drop their own products. Happened with their joysticks back in the day. And their routers... And now their webcams...[/citation]

Who is to say that they won't eventually work?

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

I really needed this on my Surface Microsoft! Support for a wired Webcam to replace my built in Webcam.

Thanks for not wasting my storage on pointless drivers Microsoft... I really wanted to lock out a few MBs on my device. Damn you MICROSOFT!

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]bloc97[/nom]Hehe... now lets get into custom-built tablets.[/citation]

Not sue if I'd be happy or disappointed about that, given how long many have been waiting for real aftermarket customization of notebooks. But, I suppose it wouldn't be terrible - having options can very rarely be bad. However, I expect this is more for repair purposes than custom building.

xendrome

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
So am I missing something or did they just write a story about a hardware compatibility list and fail to include a link to the list... this site is total fail about 99% of the time...

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]xendrome[/nom]So am I missing something or did they just write a story about a hardware compatibility list and fail to include a link to the list... this site is total fail about 99% of the time...[/citation]
Mostly just the Zak/Wolfgang articles are of the fail variety. At times Kevin Parish. Jane and Catherine write well...so does Doug. I think i'm missing someone.

The core hardware editors are simply badass :D

zhongl03

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

When you see another TABLET OS comes with comparable list of supported hardwares, then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.