Microsoft Reports a Strong Q3 Thanks to Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
You need to keep in mind that Microsoft is the most profitable company in the world. If they were truly doomed then they would not be posting record high revenues. also keep in mind that being number one does tend to cause complacency. If someone else does start pushing ahead of them, they will have quite a lot of time and resources to change things around and get their spot back.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]microsoft is doomed they havent come out with anything original for the past 15 years[/citation]

First I would have to disagree about microsoft not coming out with anything original for the past 15 years.

Second I say that a company doesn't always have to come out with unique or original products/services in order to do well. They just have to have quality products/services at a decent price.

Microsoft does what it does well. I don't think they are too worried. Especially when somewhere in the ball park of 90% of computer users are using their operating system. I'm just saying...

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Microsoft is not doomed. If Apple began to get more market share they would fade very quickly because everyone in the world cannot be brainwashed by Steve Jobs. The rest of the world would quickly realize how insecure Apples operating system and browser are. This would be especially unacceptable to the business world. Microsoft provides constant updates to their software and thats what keeps most of the world returning again and again to buy Windows.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]First I would have to disagree about microsoft not coming out with anything original for the past 15 years.Second I say that a company doesn't always have to come out with unique or original products/services in order to do well. They just have to have quality products/services at a decent price.Microsoft does what it does well. I don't think they are too worried. Especially when somewhere in the ball park of 90% of computer users are using their operating system. I'm just saying...[/citation]
I agree for the most part, but 90% market share doesn't guarantee anything. Just look at what happened with Internet Explorer. However, I don't think anything like that will happen to Windows as a whole in the near future.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Wrong PhantomTrooper.
Compatibility ~ legacy, non-fragmented(I'm looking at you Linux) and familiarity drives Windows in business.
In ICT or other business where applications are mission critical they use unix. Most of the web servers and worlds most powerful supercomputers use Unix.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Wheres he wrong at annymmo. He implied OS_X, and since you're on toms I hope you realize windows is as secure/more secure then MAC os, and they do have a huge market share. And a lot of businesses use windows. SO I ask again were is he wrong. He didn't say crap about linux...

So maybe you read to much into it or simply a MAC fanboy I don't know, but it's been proven by experts which I doubt you are that WIN 7 is just as secure as MAC's os *yes, restated as I felt it was needed

G

Go Go Microsoft!!!!

I love them really, even though most of my working days frustration is down to their OS, they keep the food on the family table....

Have tried the apple but it was just not as tasty on the inside as the shiny skin led me to believe, felt like I was missing something!

bp 4575

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]microsoft is doomed they havent come out with anything original for the past 15 years[/citation]
Ribbon UI? Seriously you've got to make a bigger number than 1 to beat. If perhaps you said 20 then I would start struglling. And creativity doesn't win unless it can be patented.

Creative colloboration of all the best ideas at a decent price wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS