Microsoft Reveals E3 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With the Xbox One moving fewer units than the PS4 (no doubt because of the mixed messaging of the console's release and Microsoft's flip-flopping Kinect policies)"

Really?! You think those are the reasons it's selling less than the PS4?

snyper666

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
"With the Xbox One moving fewer units than the PS4 (no doubt because of the mixed messaging of the console's release and Microsoft's flip-flopping Kinect policies)"

Really?! You think those are the reasons it's selling less than the PS4?

Really? You have the audacity to tell him otherwise without giving any more information?

To tell you the truth, his mentioning are all I could guess too.

So please, Enlighten us.

C'mon, now - the $100 price difference was a big reason for the disparity in selling. I like a lot of MS products, but that was clearly a big red X when you're looking for reasons why they didn't sell the same.

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I think the price was the nail in the coffin. Between all the bad press they got due to their initial plan for system policies, then buckling after so much negativity. And then the fact it was under powered compared to the PS4, in terms of hardware. Plus more controversy regarding policies, remember that whole statement that if military people wanted to play games they should stick with their XBox 360 and not buy and XBox 1, I'm sure that one over many fans. Then you have things like PSN membership which continuously gives you games for your system, which they've been doing since launch day.

Don't get me wrong, I love my XBox one, but I didn't get it to be a hardcore gaming machine, I got it for games like Just Dance 2014 and Kinect Rivals so my kids can play active games when it's raining outside. If I wanted a system for me I would've went for the PS4, it's a much better value for what it offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.