Microsoft Reveals Next Six Retail Store Locations for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
I want to see the employees from the MS store dance over to the Apple store like it was the West Side Story and call out the Apple employees to a Broadway dance/fight. Music provided by The Chemical Brothers.

CDdude55

Distinguished
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]why does microsoft need stores ? isnt famous enough ?[/citation]

Because companies like money, i would be suprised if they decided not to open up as many stores as possible.

There's two MS stores in my state, but i have no incentive to go to either of them, same with the Apple stores, unless i really want to demo new hardware but none of there hardware devices have been exciting enough for me to go all the way out there just to try it.

halcyon

Splendid
Disclaimer: I'm not anti-Microsoft or anti-Apple.
I've been to the Apple Store and always had a good experience with products that I generally like (not including the weak iPhone 5). I'm certain, based on past experience, that I'll shop there again. Now Microsoft... We have one of their pop-up stores in my local mall...Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD). When I saw it I said...hmmm... I wonder if there is enough demand for their products to justify these stores. I'm not a fan of Windows phone and Surface but are they competing well against Apple? I think of MS' hardware (phones and tablets) offerings as niche products. I wonder if all these stores will mean broad success for them.

lancero

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I wonder how many CAL seats or SQL Server licenses worth of profit they will eat into with their continued delusions of retail. Maybe there are some leftover crates of brown or olive green Zunes they can stack up at the front.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]the pictures has a wall of tv's, or monitors I assume, but who's? What are they selling besides their own Surface tablet? They don't do hardware.[/citation]
They can let people try different software made by Micro$oft like Windows 8, they can let people try Xbox 360s and Kinect, give guides or tutorials to people new to their products and they can also sell accessories from different companies like Apple does in Apple stores and they can sell laptops, ultrabooks and maybe desktops already configured for the user.

G

[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Why would anyone build anything in San Fransico?????[/citation]
They are building in an area of san francisco, called Market Street, that is similar in attraction of tourist to New York's Time Square.

G

Microsoft will be less then 4 miles from Microcenter in Ohio. I like this!

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]why does microsoft need stores ? isnt famous enough ?[/citation]

Microsoft Surface tablets are only purchasable online and in Bestbuy and maybe another retail store. I think they are trying to spread their horizon and make it more readily available for customers.

lghost

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
The Galleria will have the Apple Store & Microsoft in the same mall and Micro Center is right down the street from the mall.. Pretty good, I'll stick to Micro Center though

Status
Not open for further replies.