Microsoft Reveals Skype for Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... they realy FCUKED ap a good app...[/citation]
Did they? I mean seriously, did they? From what I have seen so far, Microsoft has done little with leading direction of the Skype Team. For me Skype works wonderful on my iPhone, Windows 7 computer, Android... If you have a problem with Microsoft then just don't use their products....

sockso

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
I'm getting the vibe that windows 8 will be nicknamed "windows vista 2" I just don't like anything I've heard about it.

ejb222

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
[citation][nom]sockso[/nom]I'm getting the vibe that windows 8 will be nicknamed "windows vista 2" I just don't like anything I've heard about it.[/citation]
why dont you go out and use it and rely less on what you hear. Go to Best Buy and play around with the system. And NO it won't be Vista 2...if you've heard that, you were seriously misinformed.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think anything would have been better then the skype previous implementation. This one is alot cleaner and more fluid. There were some bugs with skype that I did not like. For instance if you use multiple speaker outputs the voice becomes garbled.

[citation][nom]sockso[/nom]I'm getting the vibe that windows 8 will be nicknamed "windows vista 2" I just don't like anything I've heard about it.[/citation]

Did you actually use Vista on a half decent system? Or are you just a mindless sheep.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
great another always on thing to run in the background as if actually closing stuff in wincrap8 is not unintuitive enough, if anyone tells me about keyboard shortcuts better not live close to me cuz I'm going to smack them. I want to use a mouse while leaning back relaxing and not have to lean forward all the time cuz of a shit OS. Also its cheaper for me to call internationally from my phone the Skype, nowadays most messenger clients are frikkin bloatware.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
What causes me the most concern is this line:
Once you've downloaded Skype from the Windows Store

I don't like the prospect of MSFT swallowing up companies that offer freeware and free services with paid-for premium services, and turning their products into commercial software that must be purchased. Even if there is no charge for the SW right now, that doesn't mean there won't be down the road.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Overall good changes. I'm mildly concerned about the full screen thing though. As long as you can alt-tab and everything will work the same as it did before, I'm happy.

One question though,
Why do they have those boxes on the sides that tell you who your talking too? You should know who you are talking to by the sound of their voices and the fact you called them or vice versa. I don't want a quarter of my screen being taken up by irrelevant information. Like a lot of people, I use Skype to talk to my friends/clan mates while gaming, so there better not be boxes on the side. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.