Microsoft says Intel’s Windows 8 Statements Were ''Factually Inaccurate and Unfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

billj214

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Would have been better for Microsoft to ask Intel to clarify, this sounds like a bunch of kids fighting and not two large corporations!
This still doesn't change the fact that what Intel said is correct but just not all the details!
Yes Windows 8 will work, maybe not as efficiently as x86!

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]32-bit needs to die already with Windows 7. It should've died with Vista.[/citation]
It shouldn't have been an option at all with Vista. Nip it in the bud, nahmean? The RAM demands of Vista should have triggered some moral or ethical issues at MS with that one.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
MS should just have said that they won't comment.
Although when MS presented it they said that it is the same thing and a "full windows experience"

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
I don't know who lies more, government or MS. Well with Obozo it's government, i meant a respectable government who is not out to destroy the USA or Israel.

osserc

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I'm inclined to agree with you Reggie, but to be fair, what is the MS lie here?

All I see is that MS hasn't finalized how Win8 will work on ARM, and they don't want bad info out there. It may turn out that Intel is right, but you never know what breakthroughs will happen between now and Win8 launch.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]I don't know who lies more, government or MS. Well with Obozo it's government, i meant a respectable government who is not out to destroy the USA or Israel.[/citation]
So...., what´s your opinion on Bush administration?

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]32-bit needs to die already with Windows 7. It should've died with Vista.[/citation]
Are you mad? Do you know how many 32bit CPUs are in use right now? Why would MS ignore 32bit hardware and all those sales? I'm running Windows 7 32bit on a Pentium 4. Performance is great. If you had your way, I'd be stuck on XP.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]Are you mad? Do you know how many 32bit CPUs are in use right now? Why would MS ignore 32bit hardware and all those sales? I'm running Windows 7 32bit on a Pentium 4. Performance is great. If you had your way, I'd be stuck on XP.[/citation]
Did you ever run Vista on that machine? If Microsoft had set the bar earlier, you wouldn't be talking about Win7 on your P4.

I agree Microsoft, a software vendor, would be foolish to ignore 32-bit processors. Still, it's more Intel's fault for continuing to produce 32-bit processors so long after the 64-bit technology existed (maybe they were upset Microsoft chose AMD's implementation?).

I think Microsoft could have easily shifted the market to 64-bit, if Intel would have played along. If Intel had simply been including 64-bit in most of their processors like AMD was, Intel would have happily done so (you think Intel gives a crap about your 32-bit P4, they already got your money for that processor). Remember how Microsoft had to revise their Vista-Ready/Vista-Capable marketing because Intel's GMA chipsets didn't have the graphics power to drive the Aero interface (led to a lawsuit if I recall)? Intel (and OEMs like HP) moaned and complained that too many of their offerings wouldn't be Vista-Ready, so Microsoft created Vista-Capable, and Intel was able to continue selling the 5-year old crap they couldn't bother to modernize. Imagine the uproar from Intel if Microsoft had necessitated 64-bit processors on top of that!

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
LOL Microsoft to Intel "Since that statement your crappy Intel Atoms will no longer be supported in Windows 8. Instead we will now only support micro processors that can acutally perform decently." LOL

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Guys, the shift to 64bit has more to do with grandma's computer than anything else. If most of the grandma's puters out there are still running Pentium 3's, well, we have to wait till those go away....

[citation][nom]assmar[/nom]The RAM demands of Vista should have triggered some moral or ethical issues at MS with that one.[/citation]

tell that to the computer manufacturers who sold computers with just 128MB of ram which barley ran Windows XP

[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]Are you mad? Do you know how many 32bit CPUs are in use right now? Why would MS ignore 32bit hardware and all those sales? I'm running Windows 7 32bit on a Pentium 4. Performance is great. If you had your way, I'd be stuck on XP.[/citation]

you mean there are still 32-bit computers out there that can really run the latest software and hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.