Microsoft Selling Four Times as Many Phones as in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I'm glad, the more competition the better.

Plus, I really like the Windows Phone OS. Somethings it can do, it does better than my Android.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Wonder if their going to be smart and fully integrate their phones with their PC operating system and furthermore to MS Office. There was already a way to view Word, Powerpoints, etc on my old Windows phone I owned over 4 years ago. I hate to say it but if they did the whole cloud computing BS with MS Office and setup to work well with their phones and included halfway decent ways to create and edit MS Office documents they will have something their competition doesn't have a decent working office suite. That alone will probably win them over some business.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Wonder if their going to be smart and fully integrate their phones with their PC operating system and furthermore to MS Office. There was already a way to view Word, Powerpoints, etc on my old Windows phone I owned over 4 years ago. I hate to say it but if they did the whole cloud computing BS with MS Office and setup to work well with their phones and included halfway decent ways to create and edit MS Office documents they will have something their competition doesn't have a decent working office suite. That alone will probably win them over some business.[/citation]
They did that.

kellybean

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]4 times as many so is that a total of 4 or 8?[/citation]
Ah you bet me to it, "helping the firm sell four times as many phones as it did during the same period in 2011." So the total is 5, right?

mariusmotea

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Balmer is an expert in bring positive news at Microsoft, even if is a normal thing that during a new OS launch the sales will be verry high. Every OS has its fans, and at launch they will make the upgrade. Windows phone 7 was released on Oct 11th, 2010, so please compare 2012 with 2010, or 2011 with 2013 to see how good are the seals of the new windows phone 8.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I'm also glad WP8 phones are selling.
Even though personally, I won't be getting any one any time soon. (I'm a big Samsung guy now, not even Google can pull me away from touchwiz and my Galaxy S3).
Anyway back to the point, Nokia Lumia 920 does catch my eyes. I will definitely give its successor a consideration the next time I'm due for an upgrade along with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I finally went into the store to play with some WP8 devices today and OMG is it slick! I have been debating between an SGS3 and a Lumia900, and (other than the damn SD card support) I am sold on the Lumia right now. The only thing I am waiting for is to see an Ativ S when it comes out.

the other thing that really surprised me was that even the base model phones seem to work really really well. That is something that simply cannot be said about the hell of base model Android devices, and it is really making me second guess myself and debate about getting a cheaper smartphone to get me by the next year or two (and have SD storage), and then upgrade to a super-phone down the road when they get the mix of battery life vs features right.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

At least kelly made some logical sense. You can't divide 5 by 4 moron.

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]kellybean[/nom]Ah you bet me to it, "helping the firm sell four times as many phones as it did during the same period in 2011." So the total is 5, right?[/citation]

no, it's still 0 :p

[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]At least kelly made some logical sense. You can't divide 5 by 4 moron.[/citation]
2011 sales: 1 phone.
2012 sales: 1 phone * 4 = 4 phones.
Total sales: 1 phone + 4 phones = ...?

There's a saying about glass houses and stones...

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Really depends on the context.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Perhaps Microsoft didn't really have to use Windows 8 as a Trojan Horse for Windows Phone sales. After all, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 are really NOT the same. In other words, an app made for Windows 8/RT still won't work for Windows Phone 8 out of the box.

Also, as PC sales dwindle and Surface sales are poor, Windows Phone sales are rising (slowly, but rising nonetheless).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS