Microsoft Sells One Million Xbox One Consoles in 24 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pummel

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
So, Sony sold 1 Million PS4 in 2 countries within 24 hours and Microsoft sold 1 Million Xbox in 31 countries within 24 hours.... ouch Mr Balmer! That's gotta hurt.

See Microsoft, reputation does matter!

macpeteo

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
"Of course, it's worth noting that the PS4 launched in only one market (the USA and Canada) while the Xbox One launched in 31 countries"

The above tells you all you need to know about the demand for the XBone !

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Both consoles are in demand, end of story. Stop with the fanboyism people. They're gaming consoles, VERY closely speced, and both offer some cool games and unique abilities. What world do we live in where people argue, at extremes, over game consoles. There are far better and more pressing matters that we can argue over.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Wow look at the sony fanboys go

I'm PC all the way i dont own a console and nor will i but seriously?

half of them dont read a disk huh? exaggeration much there chumly? especially as sony has its own issues, no numbers have been released yet.

Sony launched their console in their 2 biggest markets so obviously it was going to sell well and microsoft just spread their units out more across more countries, its sold out in pretty much every one of those countries so i would think its fair to say that they could have shifted more had they had the units as i'm sure the PS4 could have done.

These numbers mean nothing, only after a year could you possibly say that 1 has beaten the other and even then not for sure. These consoles will be around for the rest of this decade so who knows what will happen. Judging these consoles now on a 24 hour window is just retarded

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Half of them dont read disks? Wow, I never knew "less than 1%" as reported by the BBC is the same as "half"! So...what happened to the other 98%+ to make them not count?

grimworld

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
If you consider that the production capacity of MS and Sony is about the same, Sony could've launched in 31 contries and still only sold 1 million PS4's.

At least MS tried to reach the mass of the world on day 1.

S Brideau

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

Good luck selling your XbOne for more than what they sell it in stores.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but who's to say that Xbox One wouldn't have sold 1 million copies if it was only launched in the North America? We have no way of knowing because both consoles are out of stock around the world.

Now if Microsoft had put 1 million Xbox One units up for sale in North America, and sold 750,000... that would mean something. But they didn't, they're sold out in North America.

Anyway, obviously successful launches for both companies, congrats to the development teams. As for me, still haven't decided which to get... but leaning toward PS4.

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007

Actually, its not sarcasm, its exaggeration. Sarcasm is "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt."

Saying that half of the disk drives do not work is not irony. Irony would have to be opposite and your statement was not opposite of the truth so......no Sarcasm. Enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.