Microsoft Setting Record With Next Patch Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft is slated to deliver a "record-setting" fourteen security updates next week on Patch Tuesday, August 10. The updates will address thirty-four vulnerabilities in Windows

This has to be Microsoft math so that they can say they have the least number of security updates when it is actually 34 fixes not fourteen. Got to love the spin.

joex444

Distinguished
Out of the fourteen bulletins, twelve are for the Windows platform. Two are slated for Office, and Internet Explorer and Silverlight will each receive one update.

Speaking of Microsoft math, if 12 are for Windows and 2 are for Office then that's 14. If IE and Silverlight each get one then I'm counting 16.

Perhaps it should be "record-setting" "fourteen" updates.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
So between now and next Tuesday, there's 14 security holes, more than half of them "Critical", for the hackers to play with? That's just great.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I wish Apple were public about this stuff. I remember being blown away when somebody dug up a patch comparo between Apple and Microsoft that made Apple look horrible. It was definately weird.

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]ethanolson[/nom]I wish Apple were public about this stuff. I remember being blown away when somebody dug up a patch comparo between Apple and Microsoft that made Apple look horrible. It was definately weird.[/citation]

Are you crazy? Why would they work on security? Dont you understand?

IT HAS NO VIRUSES!!!

/sarcasm

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]dEAne[/nom]thanks to microsoft and to tomshardware too.[/citation]
Thanks to Microsoft for what exactly? Leaving millions of users exposed to 34 security flaws in its products all at once?? Yeah, thanks Microsoft. /Sarcasm

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Thanks to Microsoft for what exactly? Leaving millions of users exposed to 34 security flaws in its products all at once?? Yeah, thanks Microsoft. /Sarcasm[/citation]

No, for fixing them. They already got your money; they don't have to release patches for vulnerabilities. Lets see you write tens of thousands of lines of code without a single hole that someone could breach.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
For everyone mad at Microsoft for making crappy software, just remember, it's like a child. If you yell at them for asking to buy a toy, but buy it anyway, they'll keep bothering you for it.

Microsoft has always released poor software. Buggy, bloated, late, etc..., and it's always been known, and reviled. And bought.

andrewcutter

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Thanks to Microsoft for what exactly? Leaving millions of users exposed to 34 security flaws in its products all at once?? Yeah, thanks Microsoft. /Sarcasm[/citation]
unlike some other company i know of , they do patch their holes atleast...

G

@AndrewCutter:
There are many bugs, including critical that Microsoft don't fix in an atempt to force companies to update to a newer version of Microsoft products whcih will not be compatible with the software the company runs, with no possibility to self fix the software to run on a newer version or fix the bug themselves, thanks to people who thinks closed source is better.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]For everyone mad at Microsoft for making crappy software, just remember, it's like a child. If you yell at them for asking to buy a toy, but buy it anyway, they'll keep bothering you for it.Microsoft has always released poor software. Buggy, bloated, late, etc..., and it's always been known, and reviled. And bought.[/citation]

And which other proprietary OS has less security vulnerabilities? The Mac? Oh that's right, it's even worse.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]And which other proprietary OS has less security vulnerabilities? The Mac? Oh that's right, it's even worse.[/citation]
Your wrong MS Fanboy.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I have Win 7 64bit on my gaming rig now. It's OK for gaming but still sucks. Had a second drive in it and used the built in MS backup feature to back my rig up to the second drive. The need arose to format the rig and re-install. Could I boot from the DVD and choose restore from my backup drive, nope. Could I re-install and use the backup HD to restore, nope. Non of my restore options worked, yup Winblows is still that, it sucks.
When my nephew graduates college he is getting my gaming rig for a gift and I am treating myself to a 27" iMac. Steam is on Mac now and I have a PS3. Winblows and their monopoly on games will not be in my house anymore, finally.

hiruu

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
LOL...gotta love the windows haters trying to spin this as spin by M$...lol...nevermind that everytime you log into itunes, you'd get another version, which is why I jumped to Zune. And Linux...lol...whatever.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
@ Regulas.... The restore features work great from Vista up to 7.

I know because I hold all of the images for our employee's laptops. I had to do 5 restores in the last 2 years. 3 thefts, 1 accident, and 1 failed HD.

We back them up once a month and have never had an issue with 12 laptops and over 20 desktops.

animehair

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008

name a software product without bugs or security flaws! you cant, because it doesn't exist. At least MS goes public and fixes the problems...you cant say that about some

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]I have Win 7 64bit on my gaming rig now. It's OK for gaming but still sucks. Had a second drive in it and used the built in MS backup feature to back my rig up to the second drive. The need arose to format the rig and re-install. Could I boot from the DVD and choose restore from my backup drive, nope. Could I re-install and use the backup HD to restore, nope. Non of my restore options worked, yup Winblows is still that, it sucks.When my nephew graduates college he is getting my gaming rig for a gift and I am treating myself to a 27" iMac. Steam is on Mac now and I have a PS3. Winblows and their monopoly on games will not be in my house anymore, finally.[/citation]

Sounds like you need to get better hardware in your gaming rig and actually learn what you're doing, instead of just running your mouth off. And "treating" yourself to a Mac? LOL? Yeah, have fun with that and the 30 games that actually are on steam. You have those and what else? Like 20 other games from 2007? And Garageband. Whatev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS