[SOLVED] Microsoft Store freezes

orion_o

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Hello.
Since a week or so i was having a problem with the MS store and couldnt find a proper solution online that actually works.
When launching it, it works fine and i can scroll through all the apps and access any of them, but after accessing whichever app, doesnt matter which, the store loads the app but then freezes after a sec or 2, regardless if i have the app installed or not.

I have tried:
*Resetting MS Store
*Clearing its cache with WSReset.exe (multiple times)
*A few command prompts/powershell commands i've found via youtube
*The built in troubleshooter
*Made sure i have no upcoming updates for my windows (excluding the 21H1 update which i dont want to do since i know it will definately brick something in my pc)

win 10 pro build 20H2

What else can i try?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Fixed the problem by doing the 5th solution in this link.

I'll clarify regardless - Only the MS app from within win10 was freezing after clicking on any of the apps. The MS website worked fine (but it directed me to the app when trying to install an app so it didnt help as a bypass solution.
The problem wasnt networking.

Thanks for trying to help anyway!

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"but after accessing whichever app, doesnt matter which, the store loads the app but then freezes after a sec or 2, regardless if i have the app installed or not. "

Please clarify.

When you find an app are you saying that the download process freezes? Or that after downloading the installation process freezes?

Or, once installed, the app itself freezes.

What is the URL (link) you are using for the Microsoft Store?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Are there any error codes or other entries that you can associate with the Microsoft store problem.

Make and model Router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue as to what is happening.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

orion_o

Reputable
Feb 11, 2019
Fixed the problem by doing the 5th solution in this link.

I'll clarify regardless - Only the MS app from within win10 was freezing after clicking on any of the apps. The MS website worked fine (but it directed me to the app when trying to install an app so it didnt help as a bypass solution.
The problem wasnt networking.

Thanks for trying to help anyway!

Solution