Question Microsoft Surface Go or Huawei Matebook D14

Performance-wise: the Matebook D (R5 2500u,8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) is the better one by far.
Ryzen 5 2500u is a lot stronger than Pentium 4415Y.
The performance difference is a lot! We are talking is in over 100% zone.
2500u is the rival of I5 8xxxU. A surface pro 6 with the I5 is the one similar to the Matebook D.

Surface Go and Pro are built more for specific usage, if you need something of a tablet-like but limited in budget. This could the better option.

Note:
I do not have the Surface Go, I do not know if the proc lack of performance is already causing discomfort in daily usage.
I own currently a Lenovo E485 (R5 2500U)

Karmazyn83

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
Performance-wise: the Matebook D (R5 2500u,8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) is the better one by far.
Ryzen 5 2500u is a lot stronger than Pentium 4415Y.
The performance difference is a lot! We are talking is in over 100% zone.
2500u is the rival of I5 8xxxU. A surface pro 6 with the I5 is the one similar to the Matebook D.

Surface Go and Pro are built more for specific usage, if you need something of a tablet-like but limited in budget. This could the better option.

Note:
I do not have the Surface Go, I do not know if the proc lack of performance is already causing discomfort in daily usage.
I own currently a Lenovo E485 (R5 2500U)

Thank you for your reply. I was leaning towards huawei due to the better performance but price has gone up to £ 699 so I have missed out :(
I would love to get surface pro but it is outside my price point.
In the end I have decided to buy ipad pro 2018. I can get it for £ 650 so it seems like a good price but part of me is still thinking that huawei would be a better purchase overall.
The problem is that this is not for me so it is hard to me to judge what would be better. Ipad should have this magic appeal but laptop seems more practical.
ipad should be delivered next week, I might still send it back as I am really undecided.

Thanks !