Microsoft Surface laptop or xps 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapezu_1

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
Hi, I have to buy laptop for school. I need to get it by the end of this month so i cannot wait for new models to come up. I have been researching alot and i have ended up on these two models.

Xps 13 is way more expensive than the Surface. And since im using it only for school i dont need too much power. The surface looks better and has better keyboard, but it has shitty io. Surface is also a lot never than xps 13. Which model would you succses and why. Remember i would ofc buy/upragade windows 10 pro for surface since it ships with the ***** stupid s version

Moderator Edit:

Watch your language since this site is visited by minors.

Solution
Well chromebooks are not as slow as you think they are. A decent 300 - 400 euro chromebook will be able to last for quite long as their os is very lightweight. I have a £200 one - acer chromebook 14 - 720p version and for basic useage, its very good. It looks like a MacBook air but a cheaper version.

If it has to be out of the 2, I would go with the dell xps 13 as it has got many good reviews and awards.
Really any ultrabook will do for you, you could look at some Lenovo thinkpads as they are very durable and reliable.

Kapezu_1

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016

Well ~1600e. But since Finland has a big VAT (24%) tmodels ahe base re quite expensive compared to US or other not-EU countries. But yeah i know i could buy 400 e chromebook but since i will be spending most of my day on this laptop i want it to be the best i can get for my needs. It needs to be light, thin, durable, fast (ssd,cpu,ram) and it has to look nice. Im not planing to game on the laptop. It also has to have good battery life. So i think these two laptops are the best high end laptops. Ofc if you can find/know a better laptop i would be happy to hear about it

Well chromebooks are not as slow as you think they are. A decent 300 - 400 euro chromebook will be able to last for quite long as their os is very lightweight. I have a £200 one - acer chromebook 14 - 720p version and for basic useage, its very good. It looks like a MacBook air but a cheaper version.

If it has to be out of the 2, I would go with the dell xps 13 as it has got many good reviews and awards.
Really any ultrabook will do for you, you could look at some Lenovo thinkpads as they are very durable and reliable.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.