Microsoft Tech Support Assure

BenJaD

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
During a recent support chat with MS Tech support the rep presented a 'new' product called Assure. Per his comment - the web page for Assure is not ready yet.
Per the promotional blurb presented - $149 per year gets one preferred service etc. I said that I was interested and needed time to arrange fund availibility. Each of the next two days I was contacted by MS Tech pushing the purchase. Which makes me less than enthusiastic.
Is anyone familiar with this offering - have you used it - is it worth the cost?
Any thoughts are welcome - thank you!

rgd1101

Don't

where/how did you start this chat?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-is-assure-from-microsoft/e227fbe5-4065-4574-89d6-cacf1e9c8a7b?auth=1

USAFRet

Titan
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations/answer-desk

Premium Subscriptions

Microsoft Assure $149 – Get peace of mind for an entire year with Assure. Receive one year of unlimited personal one-on-one in-store training sessions and software support from Microsoft experts via online chat, phone or in-store. Answer Desk experts will keep your PC performing at its best, eliminate viruses, and get you the answers you need, fast all year long. Assure connects you with friendly and knowledgeable Answer Techs who know Microsoft software better than anyone.

BenJaD

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Thanks to all for your thoughts.
Why would I sign on for the Assure program - most of the issues I encounter are not trivial - and I spend an inordinate amount of time before determining that I need assistance. Although I have long since left the working world - Drs orders and age - I still base worth to me what I once charged for my talents - and the annual fee is just shy of two hours, and that is often far more than I waste doing my own hunt and fix. So - a couple of calls in a year, cogent solution, and there in my opinion is reasonable payback.
Then again I tend to value time with my 5 great grandchildren more than computer fool around time. :)
Special appreciation for the link to the instore answer desk - would seem an easy locator.