Microsoft to Fix 14 Flaws This Coming Patch Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

beta212

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
As if there weren't enough vulnerabilities already for the NSA, just hope they still have enough to work with, in the name of "national security"

Bill Wendel

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
So you write an article saying that Microsoft updates are coming. What next, are you going to tell us that water is wet?

alextheblue

Distinguished

Along with every other major software firm. Or the ones that are competent, anyway. Even remotely hosted software (Cloud) gets patched, we just don't see it being installed. Heck, a lot of locally installed software does silent updates now, which I dislike.

Yes. I don't mind the article itself, as long as it makes it obvious that it is just the regular patch release day. But it stuns me that people still don't understand patch tuesday and end up saying something on the level of "Hur hur look they're patching! What nubs they are to patch flaws!"

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
@egilbe "Haha, Microsoft lost all credibility when they marked Bing Desktop as a critical system update. "

It's a security update for bing desktop that's critical if you already have it installed.

One would have thought that after all of the time that Windows XP and office 2003 (for example) have been about that the number of monthly security patches would be coming down. Most complex software have a lot of patches when first released and then as time goes by the number of required patches reduces. Microsoft software seems to require the same number of patches every month regardless of how mature the software is. They must be patching the patches by now.
One thought, maybe Microsoft puts in a hole for the NSA which is discovered by the hackers so Microsoft has to patch the hole and put a new one in.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
M32 Said "I haven't updated Widows 7 in 2+ years. Malwarebytes, Bitdefender and being smart has kept me safe so far"

I feel Thats Like Saying I Dont Wear My Seatbelt But Lock My Doors When I Drive And I Haven Been Killed Yet. Also...My Phone Adds The Caps, Sorry.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I've got to ask... And I'm expecting some serious NSA-M$ is the devil type conspiracy BS here - why haven't you updated Windows 7 in two years? And, apologies if you actually have a legitimate reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.